Intelligence Agencies Decline To Brief House Intelligence Committee On Russian Hacks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dsnort, Dec 14, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Because the liberals invented the rumor and they don't want to expose the liberals?

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

The Russians made the DNC fake the Russian hacking story.

3. dsnort thread starter macrumors 68000

dsnort

Okay, I lol'd.

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I have to assume there is no briefings because there is no story.

5. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Hmm....

6. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

"...A Friday story in The Washington Post reported that the CIA believes hacks into the Democratic National Committee and other political organizations were an explicit attempt by the Russian government to help Donald Trump attain the White House — an assessment the FBI reportedly did not believe was supported by the evidence."

This is the best part. They don't think the the Russians rigged voting machines or changed the results of votes, they are just concerned that the crooked dealings of Hillary and the DNC were revealed. The exposure of the emails killed the election for Hillary.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

8. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I would suspect that there isn't much story to be had here. The Russians may have put out false news (which anyone can easily do and exist to attack candidates on both sides), more importantly hacked the emails.

While such factors negatively influenced the election for Clinton, they probably did not assure her loss or Trump's win in the way hacking voting machines or assassinating a candidate would. Only one person denied the authenticity of the hacked emails (Donna Brazile, who was apparently discredited).

Assuming Russia did mettle with the US election, I think it's incredibly unethical and a serious problem. Fake news I don't give much weight to because there's plenty of fake news from other sources and American should be able to discern the difference. Hacking on the other hand is a problem. But if not the Russians, that information could have been exposed in other ways. When you run for political office you run the risk of your past in question. There's an old suggestion put something you don't want to come back to you in writing.

I think the government didn't address the problem pubically during the election because they didn't want to appear partial. Now they don't want to give it too much weight because they don't want to give that power and satisfaction to Russia. And our country is not innocent in terms of directly influencing foreign elections.

9. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well if they exposed the crookedness of trump too then it would have been ok. but since they only did it for hillary they helped trump. I I guess it is ok that it helped trump then it was ok right? seems Putin ordered it.

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yep just ignore it it will go away trumps best solution to a problem or tweet about it.

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Not quite what I was saying. They refuse to give briefings, Congress refuses to give budget. He who controls the purse strings controls the agencies.

13. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

14. Wallabe, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016

Wallabe macrumors 6502a

This is disinformation. Offer some proof.

"Oh yeah, we think the Russians did it. We just can't show you the proof".

I hear accusations that it's Russia's fault and that Vladimir Putin is behind everything. If they want to figure out who's been doing the hacking, they only need to look in the mirror.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...mpted-hack-election-database-10-separate-time

The latest accusation I hear is the CIA says Russia meddles in the US election. I wonder if the pot is calling the kettle black. Can anyone keep a count of how many countries have the US meddled their way in? Elections, coup, overthrow, military occupation, corporation takeover, financial exploit, resource exploit, etc.

[​IMG]

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Or they don't want to pull another stupid Fbi email scare.

16. Wallabe macrumors 6502a