intelliscreenX could give someone full potentioal to go through your phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aliensarecool, Feb 26, 2012.

1. aliensarecool, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012

aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

i LOVE the layout and how covenant it is..normally i'll send my text or whatever, lay down my phone, and within a few minutes it ill auto lock....not the case with ISX, the lock appears to do nothing. anyone can still browse/read/post/etc....i could see this being a potential prank pulled by one of my friends. anwyays i'm bat to smsettings, but have it set up very similarly to ISX (with i could get the hidden top shelf....or view on the lockscreen if i could get my autolock to turn on so nothing be read/used unless my password is typed in

anyways here is what i have now, if you have any suggestions to make this better let me know..

i will probably take that huge ram thing out because i can view ram from sbsettigs,and free up ram with the very top button. i'm still playing with it till to see what i would get the most use out of. probably some type of texting or facebook app in there. i wish it had a top shelf where i could hide some things to get more free space......so basically i have what i want from the intelliscreenx, just a couple features i will miss like the NC from the LS...but my passcode gave me no protection and did not stop anything. i don't care if people see who is calling/texting me...i just don't want them reading and going all thru my phone......so is intellscreenX really tht much better than SBSettings, or am i missing something.

any suggestions on what i should change the big memory bar graph too? i use stuff like text, facebook, safari, mainly....but if you know something i might get use out of let me know, i'm deleting it anways. i ISX seemed realll cool and smooth. just the whole privacy issue i'm woried about because i leave my phone around the office a lot. sometimes i would get the Bitesms as a pop up when i thoght it should go straight to the lock screen. i'm just going back to sbsettings because after 2-3 minutes my phone will be locked with with a numeric code.

[​IMG]

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

I never leave my phone where people can pick it up if they do I take my phone out of there hands. So I have never had a problem. Sounds like you are in a work environment where people are comfortable evading other people privacy. So in that case if you can't keep your phone with you I wouldn't use ISX. ;)

Any way aliens can read iPhone data locked or not this is a well known fact.

3. LithePanther macrumors 6502

1. there's another thread saying exactly the same thing on the first page

2. just close the stupid notification center when you're done with it... who would think to try and pull down the NC from the lock screen anyways?

If anything, LI is even worse for security and yet i've never seen a thread about it. You can't even try to hide LI...

4. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

my sentiments exactly.

/thread

5. swiftbmx macrumors regular

Yes you can. You can set any activator gesture to hide it.

6. Beefburga macrumors regular

Beefburga

Isx

You could always turn ISX off at the lock screen.

[​IMG]

Just a thought.......

Beef

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I have mine to swipe up from bottom left corner of the screen to hide LockInfo. Only way to view lockscreen notifications is to swipe up again from that bottom left corner again. The average person who picks up my phone wouldn't know that unless they've used a jailbroken device before.