iPad Interested in the iPad Air: Question about T-Mobile's Free 200 MB

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nygiants242, Oct 28, 2013.

1. nygiants242 macrumors member

I am in a big internal debate between getting the WiFi or Cellular version of the iPad and was thinking of T-Mobile given the nice free 200 MBs/mo.

Just one question though: is it possible to have T-Mobile completely block my connection once I hit 200 MBs? I just want to make sure I don't go over and that I do not have to constantly track to see how many MB I am at, worrying about the added costs of going over.

Thanks!

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

If you read the press release, that's exactly what they do. Once you've reached the 200MB limit, you'll get a nag screen asking you if you want to get a pass for additional data.

3. pikachu2k7 macrumors regular

First time I've seen a carrier be so generous. T-mobile will be the #1 carrier in 3-4 years.

4. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Only if they can improve coverage. With the paying subscribers they'll probably get from offering 200MB free data, I think their ranking will probably go up. I think this would definitely put pressure on AT&T and Verizon to offer more competitive rates. :rolleyes:

5. nygiants242 thread starter macrumors member

I'm also reading about the $5 day pass for 500 MB and $10 week pass for 1 GB? This seems really awesome overall.

I have also read about international being included as well.. is this true? So I have 200 MBs free worldwide? or $10 for 1 GB even if I am a week abroad in Europe?

6. nygiants242 thread starter macrumors member

Also are all iPad Airs the same in terms of LTE/3G bands, etc.? Meaning, could I buy a T-Mobile one but eventually put an AT&T sim card in it?

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Yes. Please read through the handful of active messages with links to Apple.com showing this.

And the many threads about T-Mobile pricing plans.

And the threads about switching out sim cards.

8. pikachu2k7 macrumors regular

Phone bills, regardless of Data and Texting should not exceed $40 per month. Even that, if you really look at it, is a LOT for a PHONE! In retrospect, under $70 a month is considered "cheap" but it all honesty, my grandparents would never spend such a ridiculous amount for a phone bill.

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

It's not just a phone or you might have a legitimate point. :rolleyes: