Interesting Reactions from the Web About the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ipadlovr, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Ipadlovr macrumors newbie

So it seems that ever since the iPhone 5 was announced, there has been some interesting reactions from the web, I think some of us already knew it was going to be different from 4, so the questions is, where you surprised by the announcement?

Here are some of the more hilarious reactions as compiled by CNET.com

http://bit.ly/NpmVAG

So what was your initial reaction to the announcement?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I thought that the articles covered by MR pretty much covered everything, and was therefore expecting what we got. I was surprised by all the smaller device updates though. On the whole I think Apple produced the phone we thought they would.

3. Ipadlovr thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I think some people were surprised at how right the rumors were before the official announcement.

4. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

There wasn't a single feature of the iPhone 5 that came as a surprise to me because everything was leaked before hand. Kinda took the suspense out of the announcement. That being said, the update overall was kinda boring IMO. I really wanted Apple to release something that would make me come back to the iPhone. Maybe that'll happen next year.

I feel like Apple is afraid to make any drastic changes for fear of messing with a formula that's been so successful. And from a business standpoint, I can understand why they might do that. But at the same time, there are phones like the Lumia 920 coming out which are taking bold steps which I believe Apple (along with Samsung, HTC, etc.) needs to take as well. But I'm not marketing expert, so take my opinion for what you will.

5. rushluvr macrumors member

Actually, its Nokia that needs to take notes from Samsung. Every phone Samsung release are selling like crazy this year while Nokia's latest have been flops and they are losing millions every quarter.

6. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

That's because before the 920 there was nothing really special about the 900. Yes, it was nice and all, but nothing really set it apart. But with the 920 there are some truly unique features that no other phone has.

Though where I think Nokia dropped the ball was not announcing carriers/pricing/availability. They'll lose some sales because those people won't wait around for an unknown date/price. (and yes, I know Nokia still won't sell nearly as many handsets as Apple will with the next iPhone, but at least they've started in the right direction).

7. Ipadlovr thread starter macrumors newbie

I totally agree, I believe that Apple is take cautious steps not to mess up the formula but unfortunately, the reason we all love Apple is their disruptive nature. They're known for thinking outside the box and doing things most other companies have not even began to think of.

It's sad that in both in iPhone 4 and now 5, they've taken a more cliche approach.

8. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

This is the sixth iPhone. You can't expect the wow factor and you can't expect Apple to move at the competition's pace and vice versa. The only thing about the 5 that I see as "walking a tight rope" is the 4 inch screen upgrade and without width added. They could have done better than that. Everything else IMO is a decent upgrade.

I wonder if the next iPhone will remain with the same screen size, or go bigger? I don't think they can make the next iPhone a 5S and have it with the same design.