Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I wouldn't say interesting, if anything this article could have been written with about 40-50 words, alas his narrow conclusion.
However he doesn't get what the iPhone really is and probably never will.

kdarling

macrumors P6
I've found that many phone (and other device) sites are run by people to whom English is a second language.

So you have to take that into account when reading oddly formed phrases.

OTOH, when native English-speaking people don't seem to know the difference between there/their/they're, and its/it's, and moot/mute, pique/peak, and so on... it just makes them look bad.

MacbookSwitcher

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2007
I've found that many phone (and other device) sites are run by people to whom English is a second language.

OTOH, when native English-speaking people don't seem to know the difference between there/their/they're, and its/it's, and moot/mute, pique/peak, and so on... it just makes them look bad.

What business does a non-native English speaker have writing articles in English?

I speak some Japanese, but I would never try to write articles in Japanese.

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs

I hate the misuse of homophones, but don't confuse ignorance with apathy.

michelle21

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
I hate the misuse of homophones, but don't confuse ignorance with apathy.

Totally misses it, especially his analysis of what is or is not a smartphone.
Do running applications natively on a phone contitute it a smartphone. hardly.

am not sure what to call the iphone, except may a newton for the 21st century, or the first generation of a device resembling a star trek data PADD.

Interesting note, if you've read the sttng tech manual , the PADD has some native applications but is meant to work in a teathered mode when aboard the starship, tying by photonic interface, to the library computer.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
The site that wrote that review is not a English site, it just has a english version. If you go to http://www.mobile-review.com/ you will see its in some other language until you click the English button at the top. Also note that at the end of the URL it says -en.shtml, the -en meaning thats the English version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.