Intermittent Freeze - Please HELP!

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by kamran1998, Oct 14, 2017.

1. kamran1998 macrumors member

kamran1998

Hi,

I updated to High Sierra at the day of launch but over the past week, I found my system to essentially freeze. I could still move the cursor but everything else didn't work...even the time stalled.

This issue is on my Mac Mini Server, I ran console and activity monitor to see what happens when the computer stalls and here are my results:

Does anyone know what causes this stall? Is it a hardware or software issue?

I did run first aid on disk utility and reinstalled OS X High Sierra but this issue persists. Please Help!!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  2. h9826790 macrumors G5

h9826790

If that only happened after HS installation. 99% is software issue.

Anyway, did you upgrade the hard drive to SSD by yourself?

3. kamran1998 thread starter macrumors member

kamran1998

It’s the latest Mac mini; didn’t upgrade any internals...everything is stock

4. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

remove filevault.

ive experienced something similar since El Capitan but not even the cursor moved when it froze. it frustrated the hell out of me.

tried all the sorts of possible solutions that google spew at me.. voodoo rituals being one of my latest attempts.

so i cleaned installed high sierra and it kept on freezing - until i found by chance this ancient wisdom buried deep in a forum thread on some obscure website: "i removed filevault and it went away".

truer words have never been spoken.

5. kamran1998 thread starter macrumors member

kamran1998

I don’t even use the Mac for web browsing it’s just a server that sits on my network. Very critical in my home setup

6. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

"I don’t even use the Mac for web browsing it’s just a server that sits on my network. Very critical in my home setup"

If it's that "critical", perhaps it might be best to "go back" to Low Sierra for the time being...

7. kamran1998 thread starter macrumors member

kamran1998

The problem is I upgraded all of my external storage devices and internal drive to Apple file system and I don’t see a viable option to downgrade without formatting everything

8. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

''The problem is I upgraded all of my external storage devices and internal drive to Apple file system and I don’t see a viable option to downgrade without formatting everything"

As the old saying goes:
    How do we know who the pioneers were?
    Easy -- they're the ones with the arrows sticking out of their backs!