International availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skeen, Jun 7, 2008.

1. skeen macrumors 6502

I live in London, and intend to get the new iPhone as soon as it comes out. Do you think it will be available in the UK immediately? I hope we won't be disappointed to learn it's coming out here months from now.

I suppose it depends on O2's 3G coverage?

2. g8bo macrumors member

g8bo

nope! i think it's going to be released worldwide (worldwide=the countries with the assured providers) at the same time.

like in the USA, Great Britain also run out of the present iPhone. so it wouldn't make sense just to sell it first just in the USA.

3. danielforman macrumors regular

Apart from Apple and most likely a select few at O2 nobody knows when the 3G iPhone will hit the UK streets. There is nothing concrete at the moment as can be seen from the numerous rumour sites/forums (use search facility) and we will all have to wait until Monday when his Steveness gives his keynote. But then we may have to wait a bit longer for O2 and/or Apple to announce the UK launch date.

It is also highly unlikely that it will be released straight away as I think Apple will want to build the hype up more and get people queueing outside stores when it is launched.

I know a lot of people are getting excited and can't wait for the keynote on Monday but is there any need to keep posting new threads asking questions that no-one knows a definite answer to and along the same lines as previous posts.