International Plaza - Tampa, FL

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by hansenc, Sep 15, 2013.

1. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

2. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I'd like to get a 5S on launch day so I'll swing by at some point. Not sure I'll be there super early though. Probably monitor things as the week goes on to see what the buzz will be like. With 2 models at launch this time, I have no idea about availability and who'll be there for what. :confused:

3. hansenc thread starter macrumors 6502

hansenc

pretty much the same plan I have. I'm hoping to just go to an ATT store early over here in St. Pete and pick two up.

4. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

The deal-breaker for me is whether or not they'll offer unlocked 5S at launch. If not, then I'm out of the game. I'm buying it straight up. I don't want to keep renewing my contract.

5. psymac macrumors 6502

About to head out to the International Mall in Tampa, but its raining really hard! Anyone in line can tell me how is it going?

6. iJC-1976 macrumors member

iJC-1976

Hey guys, I picked up my iPhone 5 at the AT&T store in WestShore on launch day last year. It's a decent sized store but everyone forgets about it being there.

I was planning on doing the Apple wait out but I decided last minute to skip and take my chances with The AT&T store. I'm glad I did because I drove by the International last year before heading to WestShore in the morning just see what the lines looked like and it was mad house. The awesome thing about WestShore was there were 3 people waiting at the entrance near the AT&T store when I got there at 7am. I was in and out with my white 64gb iPhone 5 by 8:45am. So unless you're dying to wait up all night I'd skip the lines and check them out in the morning.

7. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I'm just trying to find a legitimate answer to whether or not I can buy an unlocked phone tomorrow. I'd like either a 5S for me or a 5C for the wife. Some saying no unlocked phones will be available tomorrow at all, while others saying you can buy the T-Mobile version and swap the SIM out. Apple's web site doesn't seem to clarify things either. :confused:

8. rickieschelfo macrumors newbie

9. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Nope. Hoping to find out a little more about the unlock situation before I even head down there. Maybe more details will be available after the Apple Store is back online.

10. psymac macrumors 6502

Ok, here at the mall, same as years before, we are lined up on the sidewalk. Wow, small crowd from last year at this time, only about 30 so far. Rumor is no gold or silver, only space gray available. Happy bunch either way!

11. rickieschelfo macrumors newbie

I am at the AT&T store just north of county road. There were only 3 here when i got here 15 min ago, now there is 8.

12. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

While waiting for the Apple Store line to die down, I decided to go to the AT&T store on Bay Street in the mall. After a short wait, I ended up just getting my 5C there.