International Warranty on Factory Unlocked IPhone 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abhi104, Aug 15, 2010.

1. abhi104 macrumors newbie

I am in USA & I am planning to buy new factory unlocked IPhone 4 from canada, however before buying one I have a question regarding its warranty.

If something goes wrong with IPhone 4, can I get a replacement/repaired here at apple store USA as it carries international warranty? Also Would the replacement be factory unlocked?

I did try to speak with Apple Reps, but they didnt have answers and the agent refused to transfer to his manager...:mad:

Has anyone faced similar problem?

Need your advice!!

2. sharvil macrumors newbie

From http://images.apple.com/legal/warranty/docs/iPhone_4_warranty.pdf

"THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH THE PRODUCT PURCHASE TOOK PLACE

Apple may restrict service to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the hardware product."

From what I have gathered talking to apple retail store manager - if Apple agrees to do the warranty repair in US they will most likely replace the phone and the replacement phone will not be factory unlocked.

I was thinking about getting factory unlocked one too, but since I am already on At&t choose against it. Hope that helps.