Internet OS X Yosemite Recovery Not Working on MacBook Pro 15" retina.

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by LinearLinux, Feb 15, 2015.

1. LinearLinux macrumors newbie

Hey, Everyone. I bought my new MacBook Pro 15" retina Late 2014 (512GB SSD Model)(C2) on February 7, 2015 from Apple Premium Store. I used BootCamp and accidently formatted OS X Yosemite Partition (long story how?). So I installed Windows completely (just the same night of purchase ). Everything was working 100% Fine. Then I discovered about effects of Windows OS on apple machine and found it was not suitable for long term support (Battery Life). So I initiated OS X Recovery by pressing (Command + R) >> Entered WiFi Password.
    After the initial Download of recovery files I Formatted 500 GB Apple SSD in MAC OS journaled (GUID) using Disk utility and Started reinstall process saying "OS X Yosemite" "To set up the installation of OS X 10.10, click Continue". I Clicked Continue.
    Now Story Begins, It Asked "To Download and Restore OS X, your computer's eligibility will be verified with Apple". I Clicked Continue. Then It bought a Message Saying "Could not find installation information for this machine. Contact AppleCare." I Clicked OK and started looking for solution.

#About WiFi And Internet

Authentication Type: WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
    Encryption: AES
    Download Speed: 2 megabits per second = 256 kilobytes per second. (1 GB in One Hour )
    WiFi Signal Strength is Excellent.

#INSTALLER LOG

Read it Here: - PasteBin

#EXTRA

1. I tried this recovery process 5-10 times.
    2. While trying these steps I encountered -2100F and -1005F error.
    3. I have MTNL 450TC1 Router.
    4. I Do not have any other MAC or Apple device except iPad Air.
    5. Please do not suggest USB installation. I know and this will be my last option.

#QUESTIONS

1. How To Fix This Problem and install OS X ?
    2. Should I take it to AppleCare ?
    3. Will they install OS X Yosemite For Free, or they will just guide me with suggestions.
    4. Do a SMC-reset or PRAM-reset will help in this case?

#MY Point Of View
    The Program “OS X Recovery Utility” is written in Objective C. syntax wise similar to java. and it not updated still v1.0. It is not developed properly. Crash reporter is also not working. And installation process is now having conflict error. I know what the problem is here. the person should use shared library for his plugins.This is due to using beta version of SDK. Anyway I should Stop talking now.

So Please Please Please Have a Look guys and gals, I need serious help!

2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Try resetting PRAM. Windows and Mac keep date and time preferences totally different and if your computer time hasn't been reset it may not be able to properly connect to Apple's servers.

CMD+P+R at boot up.