Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xJus10x

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Hi, i just got home and for some reason my internet doesnt work on osx (10.4.9) but it works on my cousins XP laptop. i reset the internet about 5 times and still no luck. so i tested it in vista since im running bootcamp and it works there. but still no luck on os x, any suggestions. right now im installing the burning crusade on vista in case i cant get this to work =P but that takes forever so hopefully someone can help me. im using airport btw... thanks!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Is it connecting to the network? If you press Assist Me in the Network pane of System Preferences, try using the Assistant to see if you can get further.

xJus10x

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2004
its wireless and in the network diagnostics, the first 3 of the 6 dots are green then the bottom 3 are red. sry cant remember what the dots mean im on vista right now

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
u should not try to modify the network settings in the router if the Vista is connected, the problem should be with OSX, rather than the router.

is it a WEP protected wireless network? i.e. do you need to input password to connect to the network?

xJus10x

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2004
nope, no password. what should i do to motify the network settings?

btw already ran assitant three times and no luck

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well, you could start by making a new location in the Network pane which will give you a fresh/default version of the network settings, and then reconfigure it from there. Are you saying your network has no security settings employed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.