Internet works on Vista, but not OS X... help fast plz!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xJus10x, May 12, 2007.

1. xJus10x macrumors regular

Hi, i just got home and for some reason my internet doesnt work on osx (10.4.9) but it works on my cousins XP laptop. i reset the internet about 5 times and still no luck. so i tested it in vista since im running bootcamp and it works there. but still no luck on os x, any suggestions. right now im installing the burning crusade on vista in case i cant get this to work =P but that takes forever so hopefully someone can help me. im using airport btw... thanks!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Is it connecting to the network? If you press Assist Me in the Network pane of System Preferences, try using the Assistant to see if you can get further.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

4. xJus10x thread starter macrumors regular

its wireless and in the network diagnostics, the first 3 of the 6 dots are green then the bottom 3 are red. sry cant remember what the dots mean im on vista right now

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, well when you get back onto OSX, run the Assistant and see how you go.

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

u should not try to modify the network settings in the router if the Vista is connected, the problem should be with OSX, rather than the router.

is it a WEP protected wireless network? i.e. do you need to input password to connect to the network?

7. xJus10x thread starter macrumors regular

nope, no password. what should i do to motify the network settings?

btw already ran assitant three times and no luck

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, you could start by making a new location in the Network pane which will give you a fresh/default version of the network settings, and then reconfigure it from there. Are you saying your network has no security settings employed?

9. xJus10x thread starter macrumors regular