Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeebee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2003
Well, I called my retailer yesterday to inquire about buying my 15" PB w/ superdrive.

To my dismay he said that they were out of stock and wasn't sure when he'd receive anymore as his current order has been stuck in customs at the border due to the recent ruling
MP3 levy

He said his order included iPods which are being held up because they are covered under the new leglislation.

His orders which usually take 2 wks to receive are now being held up indefinitely until this is resolved.

God damn!! Might as well wait until the 20th anniv to order now :( Already waited out for the MWSF keynote and now another delay.

Laddie

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2004
Toronto, ON, Canada
Hmm - this seems odd Zeebee.
As far as I understood this ruling, the levy applies to all "mp3 storage devices" period. $2 for devices < 1GB , $15 for 1-10GB, and $25 for those over 10GB. (Canadian dollars)

There *shouldn't* be any "ifs ands or buts" about this. I can't see any reason to hold anything at the border.
Tack on 25 bucks and move em through!

(but I'm no legal / levy expert either)

Laddie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.