InvisibleSHEILD vs Best Skin Ever vs Bodyguardz

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by linden, Sep 26, 2008.

?

InvisibleSHEILD vs Best Skin Ever vs Bodyguardz.

1. InvisibleSHEILD

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Best Skin Ever.

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. Bodyguardz.

21 vote(s)
    44.7%
  1. linden macrumors regular

linden

I cant decide witch one wont to get, they all look so good! Witch do you think is the better??:apple:

2. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I used 'em on the iPhone, but my guess is that the observations are valid on both platforms.

Here's my reviews -

Bodyguardz Review
    BestSkinsEver Review

Both of them touch on Invisibleshield, which I DO NOT recommend. They're a sleazy company.

3. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

4. BennyK macrumors 6502

I am very interested in this poll, I hope people weigh in their opinions.

5. California King macrumors 65816

Just thought I'd point out that the BodyGuardz aren't very strong against scratches...After 24 hours of applying it, I thought I'd test it out. All I did was try to scratch it with my fingernail and it turns out it left a visible scuff that can't be removed. My fingernails aren't even long or sharp and it was enough to scuff it...lame!

Plus, one of the corners will not go down no matter how hard I try. I've tried letting it dry for a few minutes, the palming technique, even the hair dryer technique...the adhesive doesn't seem to be very strong....never had a problem with this with the invisible shield or BSE. Only good thing about BodyGuardz so far is that the material is less dimply and looks less noticeable than the others, but I think I'm either going to return it or just keep it until I buy an InCase Slider. So yeah, I don't recommend BodyGuardz. Stick with Invisible Shield or BSE.

6. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Got my bodyguardz in the mail yesterday. The packaging looks like a knock-off of what you get from Invisible Shield. both companies use way too much packaging. I guess they are trying to justify the cost fo their products. I had no problems with application, but I didn't like the fit (wraps around too much) so I am returning it.

I discovered that Bodyguardz charges an inflated restocking fee. $5 is way too much. I hate companies that do this. Seems slimy. To Invisibelshield's credit, they'll give a FULL refund on returns.

Shipping from invisibleshield seems to always take forever though, and in this respect bodyguardz was very fast.

The materials seem similar but the bodyguardz looked matte when removed from its backing, while the invisibleshield and bestskins both appear transparent. I could not see a difference between the three once they were applied but it may indicate some differences in material.

7. azcardsfan macrumors member

I got my invisibleshield yesterday and it came without the installation stuff. However, I ordered a microfiber bag from them for $5 that came a few days earlier and that for some reason did come with the installation package. It took my about an hour to install the full body shield which was a pain in the ass. I ended up using a blow dryer holding each edge in place for a few minutes. Even after the installation I'm still using the Belkin shield that I bought from bestbuy. Overall I'd rate the shield 8/10. It looks great after the installation.

8. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

I have used invisible shield for a few years now.

Takes me 10 min to put a full body shield on, no bubbles, no fuss.

I just recently got a free replacement because the shield was yellowing and turning up on the ends. They sent a replacement, it got lost in the mail, so they sent me 2 replacements.

Very VERY happy! Go invisibleshield they are awesome!

9. California King macrumors 65816

Seriously...$5 restocking fee is way too much. I bought 2 backs for about $17 shipped so after losing money on shipping both ways and the restocking fee, I'd only get about $10 back, so it's not even worth returning for me anymore...I can see why they would charge a restocking fee (they can't resell the used bodyguardz), but $5 is way too much when it probably costs them less than a $1 to produce.

10. orpheusmyth macrumors member

Try Power Support Crystal Film Set. I have it and I love it.

11. mzd macrumors 6502a

IS & BSE offer a textured/"grippy" clear film. BG is smooth and clear. that seems to pretty much sum up the differences.
    if you want grippy texture go with IS or BSE. i got BG because i wanted it to be as invisible (both to the touch and eyes) as possible.

12. streetlights macrumors newbie

Could someone who has installed the Invisble Shield on their 2G post a few pictures of the corners? Just wondering how the fit is.

Thanks!

13. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

14. vorb macrumors newbie

15. eron macrumors 6502

16. Sponsi macrumors member

Sponsi

I will post a couple pictures when my camera's battery is done charging. I personally wasn't able to get the Invisible Shield on perfectly. The back of my iPod touch looks pretty horrible, I had to get a separate 'Incase' case to cover it:eek:.

17. CNick macrumors newbie

I got "isheldz" for my itouch.. had it on a week so far so do.
    The gal had one on her iphone were I bought it. She game me her keys and told me to try and scratch it.. I have it hell.. couldn't scratch the surface.
    She applied it for me..
    Oh yeah.. life time replacement..
    Nick

18. m-man macrumors newbie

do these shields in anyway affect the touch sensitivity of the screen?

and can they be removed and replaced in the future?

thanks