IOC makes $7.65 billion from NBC for Olympics through 2032

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, May 9, 2014.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So with all that money that the IOC is getting, why do they force cities to pay for everything to host the games?

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/nbc-olympics-2032/
    Now lets talk about how bad the coverage will be for decades to come with NBC owning the rights.

2. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

How is NBC bad?

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Have you seen their coverage? They rarely cover sports. And what they do cover is never live.

4. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Just wanted to know your opinion on it. For some people, they prefer that it is not covered live. I personaly prefer it live.

5. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

If they want to encore the big events for primetime fine. But no reason for them to not show it live. I would think they would get even higher ratings showing it live at 3 am. In the age of twitter results come in real time. They don't wait for NBC.

6. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

There must be some kind of reasoning behind, at least financially. I just stream everything anyways.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Certainly no love for NBC from me but do you really think CBS, ABC or FOX would put on anything different? We might as well face it, NBC owns the Olympics. No other network(s) have covered it since the 90s.

8. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I could even live with ESPN showing the games. They would show everything live. Maybe have Chris Berman do figure skating.:p

9. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

Terrible, terrible news.
    Olympics pretty much ruined forever :mad::(

----------

And they sucked ever since
    It is technically impossible to do worse than nbc, so literally anyone else would do a better job