iOS’s Greatest Weakness

shanshor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
Default. Apps.

I love the 8+ from a technical sense. But damn it if I haven’t been drooling over the new Pixels and how you can truly use the services that you want. I don’t need widgets or live wallpapers or squeezing to activate Assistant, but I do want default apps.

What’s iOS’s biggest flaw for you?

BigMcGuire

Contributor
Jan 10, 2012
California
Default applications? I like Notes. I use Windows for my primary computing so it isn’t as easy to use it. Yeah calculator with the 1+1+1+1 lag is a little annoying - I’ve moved to PCalc.

But its greatest weakness? Default apps? I don’t know about that. Safari isn’t bad. I prefer camera over many of the other App Store replacements. iMessage is great.

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Default applications? I like Notes. I use Windows for my primary computing so it isn’t as easy to use it. Yeah calculator with the 1+1+1+1 lag is a little annoying - I’ve moved to PCalc.

But its greatest weakness? Default apps? I don’t know about that. Safari isn’t bad. I prefer camera over many of the other App Store replacements. iMessage is great.
I think he's saying default apps to the tune of choosing what app opens when performing a function. For example, when clicking a link inside an e-mail, normally Safari would open up. I believe he's saying he wants to choose what app opens when clicking a link.

I could be wrong but that's how I read it.

Reactions: BigMcGuire