iOS 10.2.1 iPhone 7 Plus touch screen not working out of the sudden

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by hizkia, Feb 3, 2017.

1. hizkia macrumors newbie

hizkia

i have an iphone 7 plus, ios 10.2.1, it was working perfectly last night and last morning, i left it for a while at home and when i was back the the touch screen was unresponsive and only the home button, volume button, and on/off button is working? can someone help me

2. d5aqoëp macrumors 6502a

d5aqoëp

Copy your photos from youe iPhone's DICM directory by connecting it to a pc or mac and unlocking it using touch ID.

1. Try rebooting your phone (Power button + Vol Down button) Keep pressed till apple logo appears.

2. If that doesn't work, connect your phone to itunes and click on Restore button in iTunes to perform full erase and let iTunes download latest iOS firmware and install it.
    When prompted, set up your phone as new.

3. Since your phone's touchscreen doesn't work, you won't be able to shut it down and do the DFU mode button combination to manually DFU restore correct ipsw firmware file.

4. If restore doesn't work, you may have to go to Apple store to get a replacement.

3. SoN1NjA macrumors 68000

SoN1NjA

4. hizkia thread starter macrumors newbie

hizkia

rebooting does not work, and i have never connected to a laptop and to backup, it requires me to use my pass code to enter

5. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

just take it to apple, applecare or not we all got warrenty still it launched 5 months ago.