Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mclarendude2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2015
USA
Is there any way to dismiss notifications from lock screen like you did in iOS 10 if so can someone help how to do it

Suspended
Jun 23, 2017
The fastest way to dismiss notifications right now is to do a 3D Touch and swipe down consecutively.

Suspended
Jun 23, 2017
but it won't let me when my iPhone is locked like it did in ios 10

Unfortunately that’s the situation now, iOS 11 is still buggy, and I’d classify that as a bug. Apple will probably fix it in a later build, but for now you can disable Rest Finger to Open as a workaround so you can dismiss notifications after unlocking your device.

mclarendude2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2015
USA
Unfortunately that’s the situation now, iOS 11 is still buggy, and I’d classify that as a bug. Apple will probably fix it in a later build, but for now you can disable Rest Finger to Open as a workaround so you can dismiss notifications after unlocking your device.
ok thanks just making sure i wasn't missing a setting or something that let me do it like in iOS 10 i guess its might be a iOS 11 beta bug they haven't fixed i will just wait and see what future betas do and see if it gets fixed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.