iOS 11 Developer beta 8 — Changes, Issues, and so on

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by SoN1NjA, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Radon87000 macrumors 604

2. palter macrumors member

palter

No, it's not the GM. The GM will be clearly labeled as such.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

GM is released at event and is called GM.

4. Radon87000 macrumors 604

Ah I see :)

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

That was strange. Saw the post that it was available and closed out of safari and there was the badge on the settings icon. First time for me that it’s ever downloaded without me doing it manually.

6. Little Angel macrumors newbie

Sonos on lock screen works fine for me in beta 8

LA

7. dwfaust macrumors 603

dwfaust

First of all, I was not complaining... merely making a statement. And I am extremely doubtful that you have polled every user of iOS 11 on the planet.

Confused by your statement... "There is and NEVER was..." which is it? There IS, but NEVER WAS? SMH

What you may have meant to say is "I have never had a battery draining issue with iOS 11"
    --- Post Merged, Aug 31, 2017 ---
    Clearly not the GM... there's a new beta out today.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/08/31/apple-seeds-ios-11-beta-9-to-developers/

8. tanzblume macrumors member

tanzblume

I don’t like the new “invert intelligent”.
    Picture, bitmaps and icons will not inverted. That’s the reason, why the display flickering grey. I think it is the response for invert enabled.
    Also there is a bug with the battery bitmap. If you using “intelligent invert” that bitmap will not inverted. It isn’t visible at that moment.

9. jamiebrown6 macrumors member

Sounds like something is grabbing location just as you unlock. Can you kill off all your apps, perhaps restart the device and see if its still doing it?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 28, 2017 ---

It’s a good idea which I’ve tried (close all apps and restart) but it still happens. Had sent a big report to Apple with a screen recording of it.

It’s still there in the GM.

10. onepoint macrumors 6502a

onepoint

Smart Invert seems to be app-dependent. Some of the Apple apps handle photos, etc. correctly (e.g., the News app looks great with Smart Invert enabled). I think it will take some time for app developers to make this a priority.

11. lolkthxbai, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017

lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.