Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ders19

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2017
I’m on an iPhone 7 and I can honestly say my phone has been running very well since beta 6. I haven’t had a single reboot or state of freeze. My battery life has gotten better and better and my phone is running as it has all along. I now have my iPad Pro 10.5 and MacBook Pro 2017 running the latest betas and they’re running very well. If you’re wanting to try it out, I’d say now is the perfect time to hop on board.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Reactions: Speedman100

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Question: is "Movies" still "Movies" where "TV" is not available or do we all have a "TV" app now? Thanks!

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I know its driving me mad if final isnt like ios 10 its major step back

Are you for real?

This beta 8 feels definitely smoother and more fluid on iPhone 7. Why would you just keep conjecturing about its final performance and compare it with iOS 10.3.3 endlessly in every beta? I am observing this behaviour of yours for several betas and therefore commenting on this thusly today.

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
I've had some horribly annoying and major issues with various apps completely freezing my device up for 1-2 minutes at a time since the last beta or two, really hope they've fixed that, it's the worst iOS bug I've encountered in years.
At the risk of being THAT guy: Tinder has done that often for me, seems to be the only problematic app that almost locks up the phone. Always needs to be force closed.

jhuynh

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
All i wish is the animations shutting apps and 3d is same as 10.3.3 but ppp keep saying i go on and on about it lol if the gm isnt this smooth ill be annoyd i want the latest os but i want speed

It's only the first page of the thread and you've complained 3 times about the same thing already.... why do you think people say you go on and on about it? IOS 10 was not perfect either when it was first released, you can't compare 11.0 to 10.3.3 which is really optimised by the time they get to 10.3

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
So should we assume that the “Files” app is a lost cause with no ability to save files on my iPhone or iPad?

What do you mean? I can save files to any app I want to. And come next month but when apps are updated, I'll be able to access any apps documents folder from any other app.

I fail to see how this a lost cause? The real power of files won't be realised till after iOS 11 release.

Oalico

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2016
Lebanon
I found a silly bug, when you enter wiggle mode while AssistiveTouch is on, if you hover and app over the AssistiveTouch it will just bind to it wherever you take it :p:D

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Does it fix the lag on iphone 7 that came with previous beta? When I close an app then swipe the home screen to a new page of apps it would often be a bit choppy. Force touch app icon animation is laggy to. I’ll test again once the latest public beta is available.

Still there but less noticeable. Been there since beta 1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.