iOS 11 Developer beta 8 — Changes, Issues, and so on

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by SoN1NjA, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. ibookemo macrumors newbie

Carrier in the settings menu is missing for me too. Seems that it’s no longer possible to select your carrier meaning your phone could hop on another carrier without you knowing (as in the carrier settings may be set to ‘automatic’).

2. s2mike macrumors 6502a

“Carrier” shows up for me in Settings.

iPhone 7.

3. midkay macrumors regular

There's that one, and then Instagram's been doing it too. Maybe Snapchat on occasion as well. Never had any issues before beta.. 6 I think it was? Unfortunately they freeze the OS so hard I can't even open multitasking to even close them for 30-60 seconds. And when I do close it, it sometimes re-opens frozen as well. Super odd.

4. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

You know that IOS 11 only disconnects you Wi Fi right? It doesn't turn it off. Looks to me it automatically connects to a known Wi Fi network.

5. Sharkoneau macrumors 6502a

Sharkoneau

Interesting there, Instagram has actually been fine for me. The only problem I've noticed once there was a popping sound (and stronger vibration) when pulling down to refresh. But I haven't experienced that since. Also, they released an update today, so you may want to look into that if you haven't already.

I think things will be once better once compatibility updates start rolling out :) For both performance, and battery life.

6. ibookemo macrumors newbie

Brilliant - carrier showed up again in settings after a restart. Must be a small bug but at least it’s fixable.

7. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

8. midkay macrumors regular

True dat. I trust it will be fixed before long. Overall the OS is feeling really good. I used iOS 10 a bit on my dad's phone this weekend and it just feels so outdated design-wise already XD

9. bmcfadden macrumors member

bmcfadden

Mine are fine

10. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo

Three iOS versions later and there is still this annoying bug where you select multiple images of a iMessage conversation, press delete, check again and some of those imagines you just deleted are still there. It even happens on macOS!

11. dan9700 macrumors 68030

dan9700

Why is 3D touch still lagging on 7 plus beta 8 should be smooth by now

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Why are you asking here? Do you actually believe anyone here will have an accurate answer? Are you trying to be annoying?

13. 576316 macrumors 601

Because they’ve gotta make sure it slows down just enough in time for the new iPhone. So people are gonna wanna upgrade for snappier 3D Touch. ;)

14. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

Are you asking from experiencing lag in beta 8 or are you asking because you read a post or two here about it? I would think you installed it and went back to 10.3.3 even before the OS could settle down and fulfill any reasonable performance expectations.

15. Hansana macrumors regular

16. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

Sitting at 100% ever since I downloaded beta 8. Very happy. They have attained the unattainable! Everything points to it being so for another hour or two at least. ;)

17. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

What lag?

18. SumYoungGai macrumors 6502a

I get a stutter about halfway through the 3d touch menu expanding.

19. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Oh right ... the way people have gone on about it I thought it was something along the lines of some delay/lag that was significant, like being able to make a coffee between pressing an icon and it reacting.

20. alfon_sico macrumors regular

alfon_sico

Every one talk about we’re getting betas when indeed since iOS 7 we all gat permanent betas update. GM 11.0 would be the world wide beta release). Every iOS sim usable, even when you have a developer or public beta but it’s tru that until Christmas iOS isn’t debugged enough and in March we have a stable version, then again we wait the iOS version and till June only have small fixes or security fixes and again a summer with new betas (alfa) iOS version

21. Bobout macrumors 6502

Bobout

I'm finding this Beta to be pretty solid on my 7+ .. I'm not having any "lag" whatsoever .. iOS 11 beta 8 for the win..

22. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

I've not experienced any lag on the OS except for a few betas it would lag when swiping between home screens. That lag was like a second or something.... y'know, significant.

23. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

24. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

just blink and i think you'll be ok.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.