iOS 11 really needs full dark mode support already!

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by 212rikanmofo, Aug 14, 2017.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

I'm not sure what is taking Apple so long to incorporate this. It seems like there's a lot of demand for it. I would love to see a dark mode implemented into the core of iOS 11. With an option to enable/disable it and also to have it automatically switch depending on the day, just like on tvOS 11.

Dark mode just looks so much sleeker and gorgeous, especially on a black iPhone. One app that I use that shows off a good example of this is Discord. It looks beautiful on my screen. I hope we won't have to wait for iOS 12 to see this. It's already in tvOS 11, and watchOS pretty much has it as well.

2. onepoint macrumors 6502a

onepoint

I’m surprised Smart Invert still cannot handle Apple’s own emojis in iMessage, for all the progress made thus far

3. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

4. Mtmspa macrumors 6502a

I have no need for dark mode. What is the big deal?

5. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

and that it ruins colors across well.. everything..

its a lazy quarter done attempt to keep us quiet.. they'll do it properly, eventually.. (and those who act like precious oled screens are NEEDED for dark mode are laughable)

6. SoYoung macrumors 6502

Smart invert was never there to please people who wanted a dark mode. Its there for peuple like me with vision problem and used invert colors in the past, and it was not convenient to always switch on and off invert colors just to see corect image or video and for that purpose, smart invert colors do the job but I wish it could not invert pictures in safari like deluminate extension for desktop chrome.

7. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I probably wouldn't use it - but would like to try it out.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I've been saying it for like 3 years now. OLED iPhone.

9. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

I agree iOS is too white and bright.

It shouldn’t be exclusive to an OLED display though. Most of the apps I use already have a dark mode which work fine on our current displays.

10. DNichter macrumors 68040

DNichter

I think it will be an iPhone Pro exclusive feature.

11. jschu22 macrumors regular

It has to come or they will be missing out on arguably the most significant improvement that OLED brings. But they aren't going to telegraph that coming either, so the makeshift "Smart Invert" it is, and it will be one of the last features to be finalized.