IOS 11- running 4 apps side by side

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by The Game 161, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Nice vid! I’m definitely enjoying iOS 11 for my 12.9” iPad Pro... can’t wait for more fluidity in the invoking of the dock and moving apps from left/right.

2. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

Great video. So can you just swipe from the edges now to show and hide the floating view? Because that suddenly makes that feature a whole lot more useful to me. It would be great to have a calculator or something on the side that you could flick out of the way only when you need it!

Multitasking was so cumbersome in iOS 10 that I didn't use it as much as I thought I would. I was always wanting to switch around between apps, but was annoyed how they "stuck" together or how I couldn't get the left app to go into a skinny column. I'm getting so stoked about this update!

3. masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

While it's a nice achievement, visually I find it nightmarish. I don't understand how anyone can focus on 2 panes + PIP in the corner. For me 2 panes is more than enough to occupy my attention. The "iOS Expose" sounds like it's a great way to emulate having multiple monitors on an iPad without having to clutter the screen with more than 2 apps at once (ok you can do 3, but really I find it more distracting than productive)

Even at work, although I have a 28" and 30" monitor side by side, I only keep at most 2 large windows as the focus on one screen, and never look at both screens at the same time....

4. MyopicPaideia macrumors 68000

MyopicPaideia

In other words, this is more than enough on the multitasking front! Very satisfied with this!