Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
I need give this beta some time to settle in but when im clearing apps, App crash bug is still present ..I didn't have this issue on beta 1

Also when screen is on I'm getting some flickering on the screen especially being in iMessage app

Have you tried to clear all apps and reboot?

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Is Universal Clipboard broken for anyone? Handoff for apps is working fine with my Mac but Universal Clipboard isn't. It didn't work starting on beta 1.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Not iOS related but on watchOS there’s a walkie-talkie toggle for Control Center

0DC6FBF6-841F-4E45-8453-3EE0845FF18D.png
There’s a huge placeholder at the top of Control Center settings. I wonder if it was there before.

Last edited:
Reactions: jessebkr87

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
Not iOS related but on watchOS there’s a walkie-talkie toggle for Control Center

View attachment 802251
There’s a huge placeholder at the top of Control Center settings

Do you have a screenshot of the watchOS toggle? I’m assuming it just toggles the “availability” status? That would be way more convenient than the current setup!

PatrikCoC

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2016
Please look out for these Remaining Issues
  • Lock screen orientation glitch in the Control Center: If you have screen orientation lock enabled, and then change the state of "Increase Contrast" in Settings, for example enable it, your lock orientation icon will be fully white instead of red. Video: Here
  • Lock screen lock disappears: Swipe on the lockscreen for a few times, after some time, your lock status will disappear. Video: Here. If you happen to reproduce it while your phone is unlocking, you will get something like this, the notifications will get glitched.
  • Some apps like Google Maps and Clash Royale will lag on iPhone X and above: Open the affected app, for example Google Maps. Do not do anything else, just minimize your brightness to the lowest. Now, you will see the app's FPS number has been drastically decreased, try to do circles in the map, you will see it is laggy. To make it smooth again, you can: A) Start screen recording or B) Increase brightness.
  • Folder in Dock bug - swipe to widgets and then back to home screen: it will blink. Video: Here
  • Notification bugs:
    • Grouped notifications glitch - Expand, collapse and then expand again a grouped notification quickly, it will have a glitchy animation. Video: Here
    • Notification Center bug: If you have a grouped notification in the notification center, make sure to delete till you have only one, then click the X next to the app and not the one next to "Notification Center". It will result in a glitch - Video: Here
    • Notification center missing background: Lock and unlock your phone. Then open an app, and quickly pull down the notification center. It won't have background for a few seconds.
    • If you have enough notifications to hide the time, then scroll down-up few times, the notifications will get glitched with the time. After you collapse the notifications, there will be a glitchy animation. Video: Here
  • On an iPhone X, XS, and XS Max, if your home screen have multiple pages, go to a different page other than main, then swipe up to get to your main page. After you quickly want to open anything in the Dock, you can't, you need to wait a few seconds to be able to do it. Video: Here
  • Lock screen time & lock status glitch: using your locked iPhone, swipe from right to left two times quickly. For the second swipe, your time and lock status will disappear. Video: Here
  • Landscape mode control center bug: Open anything in landscape mode, for example a YouTube video in full screen. Open your Control Center, swipe from right to left, then close CC. There will be a stuck bar at the top of your screen for a few seconds. Video: Here
  • App crash bug: Open the app switcher. Tap on an app, swipe it up to close, but while its closing tap on it - > glitchy crash. Video: Here
  • Adding the first widget in the available widgets list will have a glitchy animation. Video: Here
  • Safari: "add to home screen" - when there is just one home screen, it does not show the recently added icon. It does create a 2nd home screen page but when you swipe left the icon is missing. After a reboot or waiting for several minutes, the icon may appear.
  • Since iOS 11.4 still can’t initiate ‘album’ playback via Siri on the watch with music that is locally stored on phone.
  • When iCloud Keychain and text replacements are enabled, text replacement won’t be offered anymore when trying to login. The specific text replacement is overwritten with “Password”.
  • iMessage app sort order resets after a period of time from custom order to default order.
  • When tapping the “i” button for info in a message thread of someone who you share your location with (or vice versa) the photos are very glitchy to load and you always get sent to the bottom of the list after trying to scroll up.
  • In Messages: using 3D Touch to Peak and Pop, or when rotating the screen orientation turns the iMessage app strip black (iPhone 7 only)
  • Sometimes, if you have no SIM inserted, you will see an old time to appear at the top of the screen. Video: Here
  • Opening app switcher in landscape mode will sometimes show old stuff that you did with the app before. Video: Here
  • On the home screen, scrolling to the second page, swiping up then holding the screen will cause the second page to disappear. Video: Here
  • Lockscreen blocking bug: Get to the passcode request page, then swipe up and down while not releasing the screen - this will cause the first line (1, 2, 3) to be unresponsive. Video: Here (I typed 1 to show that it was working)
Tested, all of them persists.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Just tested this one below. I'm finding a lot of my weird graphical glitches/stutters are gone if I turn reduced motion on including this one. I'm leaving it on until apple fixes it. The animation are pretty but I think they slow down the phone and cause more issues.

On an iPhone X, XS, and XS Max, if your home screen have multiple pages, go to a different page other than main, then swipe up to get to your main page. After you quickly want to open anything in the Dock, you can't, you need to wait a few seconds to be able to do it. Video: Here

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
My LTE sucks I have to be in WiFi 24/7 yet when I pop my sim into my iPhone 7 Plus I get FULL bars. iPhone max sucks I spend $1200 on garbage lol

Reactions: DeathBecomesMe

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Just tested this one below. I'm finding a lot of my weird graphical glitches/stutters are gone if I turn reduced motion on including this one. I'm leaving it on until apple fixes it. The animation are pretty but I think they slow down the phone and cause more issues.

On an iPhone X, XS, and XS Max, if your home screen have multiple pages, go to a different page other than main, then swipe up to get to your main page. After you quickly want to open anything in the Dock, you can't, you need to wait a few seconds to be able to do it. Video: Here

Confirmed. Not a big deal for me as that’s not a sequence I would follow often if at all. But it is a bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.