iOS 12.1.3 Beta 2 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Banglazed, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. atlchamp macrumors 68000

atlchamp

What’s the mess?

2. dan9700 macrumors 68020

dan9700

call failure all the time can't make calls cos of the problems with the new iPhones

3. RSmith2023 macrumors regular

RSmith2023

Dark mode?
    --- Post Merged, Dec 27, 2018 ---
    Is this on iOS 12 beta or the current production release?

4. elitypes macrumors regular

I wonder if that’s their thinking about all the LTE issues? Which is a bit strange given a lot of carriers didn’t support this at launch? At least given I’ve been having horrible LTE issues since launch.

I saw on Reddit someone talked about speaking to their carrier about having their physical SIM deactivated and their existing account set to use the eSIM and reported better performance. However again, I’m a bit skeptical and wanted to hear more before thinking about trying it.

Regardless, I had sent apple another set of logs before Christmas. This is now the 5th round of files. The senior advisor said the usual about how she will share with engineering and get back to me. Given the holidays I’ll follow up again in a week. But I’ve been down this road before and they’ve never been able to provide any information besides a generic “thanks we are looking into it.”

5. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

What network are you on?

I’m on EE and have been on physical sim -> eSim -> back to physical sim and haven’t had a single call failure since I bought the Xs in October.

6. Natya Sadella macrumors 6502

Latest beta.

7. George Knighton macrumors 65816

George Knighton

I'm skeptical about these reports, too.

I think (personally) what is really happening is that people are watching an eSIM and a physical SIM on the same carrier, and forgetting that the two different cellular plans might very well lock onto different bands even though they are the same carrier.

8. dan9700 macrumors 68020

dan9700

Count your self lucky

9. Blue Hawk macrumors regular

There are no changes in the beta but it’s working better on my XS Max than the 12.1.2

10. atlchamp macrumors 68000

atlchamp

11. Jason B macrumors 6502

YEs, been having the same thing on final builds and all betas, haven't tried this beta yet, on the last one. but see here! It's an issue and if you're a power user you really notice it. I'm telling you, multiple sites crawl on wifi, and as soon as you turn wifi off, they fly super fast.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8548161?answerId=250081171022#250081171022
    --- Post Merged, Dec 29, 2018 ---
    Which iphones had which models for wifi? I always wonder if later versions of the same phone if apple changes stuff and doesn't tell you,. Like how can they make the same phone for years, say a 6s, and never change any components or manufacturers inside that could effect stuff?

12. Blue Hawk macrumors regular

Battery life is great. 1:05 hours usage. Sent some feedbacks, Bluetooth is on. Watched some YouTube clips. Still 94% battery.

13. George Knighton, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018

George Knighton macrumors 65816

George Knighton

Occasionally. But I haven't been able to trace it to a particular app or activity aside from just using Messages normally.

It is always while using Messages.

Any ideas?

It's only occasional, just a couple of times/day for me.

I have an eSIM and a physical SIM active all the time. Do you?

These are the accessibility switches I have:

Auto Brightness.
    Reduce Motion.
    Button Shapes.
    Reachability.
    Shake to Undo.
    Vibration.
    Phone Noise Cancellation.

By any chance, are yours set the same?

14. Squillace macrumors member

Squillace

I have a bug in my Xs with the 12.1.3 beta but I'm pretty sure it was already present in 12.1:

Sometimes when I open Settings or the App Store (as fare as I know this doesn't happen with other apps, stock or not), the app freezes for a few seconds (I can't do anything except swiping up to go back to the homescreen) and then starts working. And once in a while I have to kill the app in order to get it working fine again.

As someone experienced that too?

15. The Oak macrumors regular

XS Verizon USA iOS 12.1.3.B2

Using OpenSignal I have started comparing OpenSignal’s Compare Performance versus what I am getting on speed tests.

The verdict: at or above OpenSignal values.

Downloads are typically higher than OpenSignal if not double.

Uploads are typically the same (ball park) but can be higher.

I’m happy.

16. maelstrom07 macrumors newbie

I'm not 100% sure if it started with 12.1.3b2 but I'm not getting any incoming text/imessage alerts. It's like I'm on DND but I'm definitely not. I've also tried the "hide alerts" setting for individual conversations, but these are off. This is also happening for new texts (like 2-step verification texts). I've restarted my phone, volume is up, I've done a hard reset... no dice.

17. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

Check under iMessages in Settings>Notifications. You may have muted them inadvertently.

18. Cinimod1000 macrumors newbie

Having the same issue. Checked settings>Notifications, DND, etc. Was receiving notifications up until yesterday, I believe. IPXS, 12.1.3 b2. Hmm, odd. I noticed it yesterday because myself and my wife were included in a messaging group - her phone and iPad were showing notifications and they "dinged". My IPXS did receive the same texts, but no notifications or sound.

19. decypher44, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019

decypher44 macrumors 6502

decypher44

I’m also starting to not get vibration alerts. Weird!! On latest beta, IPXSM.

Sending in report.

Update: after sending report, restarted phone again and started getting alerts. Really weird.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 2, 2019 ---
    Not sure if it’s the phone (iPhone XS Max) or iOS 12, but this has been the worst experience with this phone.

I’m getting “no connection” errors when I’m actually connected. I have slow and weak cell connections. WiFi drops intermittently. Alerts are spotty. Apps start to get jittery, requiring phone restart.

20. Direk macrumors newbie

Direk

Check this setting on your phone. It happens to my wifey’s phone, IPXS Max.

Go to Setting>>Sounds>>Ringer Alerts (adjust sound level ) >> Chance With Buttons (slide to ON).

21. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

That just allows to change the ringer sound with buttons vs. doing it in settings, but if the sound is up and it's not making a sound that won't really change things.

22. mngdew macrumors member

mngdew

23. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

24. Dougteeshot macrumors newbie

What device are you on?

25. Blue Hawk macrumors regular

XS Max. It’s 2am in Germany now and I still have 50%. *knocks on the table*

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.