Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Dougteeshot

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2017
Can anybody comment on battery life on beta builds on the XS Max? It seemed like my iPhone X lasted a lot longer on betas than my Max did. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Can anybody comment on battery life on beta builds on the XS Max? It seemed like my iPhone X lasted a lot longer on betas than my Max did. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

I’ve not had any issues on my XSM and battery life is waaay better than it was on my X.

Natya Sadella

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2016
I cant explain why, but to me, the notification center opening animation looks different.

Could be placebo but I usually notice such things. Iphone xs here

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Just rode the NYC subway Manhattan to Brooklyn with signal immediately at every station. Max, VZV. Big improvement so far (this was an fix intended for 12.1.3)

Edit:

And rode it back in, both the R and 2 lines were 100% immediately covered at the stations finally. If this sticks, then call me completely satisfied.

Last edited:

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Just rode the NYC subway Manhattan to Brooklyn with signal immediately at every station. Max, VZV. Big improvement so far (this was an fix intended for 12.1.3)

Edit:

And rode it back in, both the R and 2 lines were 100% immediately covered at the stations finally. If this sticks, then call me completely satisfied.

You are an easy man to satisfy. :p

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
This is not new to beta 3, but I like how the beta profile installation now works. It just goes into its place, and waits for you to go to the Profiles section and install it manually. An experience that feels slightly less distracting and little more polished.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Did anyone test issues from the previous beta?

• Mail notifications still broken, at least on secondary email accounts. (Sounds but not banners or badges)
  • Lock screen orientation glitch in the Control Center: If you have screen orientation lock enabled, and then change the state of "Increase Contrast" in Settings, for example enable it, your lock orientation icon will be fully white instead of red. Video: Here
  • Lock screen lock disappears: Swipe on the lockscreen for a few times, after some time, your lock status will disappear. Video: Here. If you happen to reproduce it while your phone is unlocking, you will get something like this, the notifications will get glitched.
  • Some apps like Google Maps and Clash Royale will lag on iPhone X and above: Open the affected app, for example Google Maps. Do not do anything else, just minimize your brightness to the lowest. Now, you will see the app's FPS number has been drastically decreased, try to do circles in the map, you will see it is laggy. To make it smooth again, you can: A) Start screen recording or B) Increase brightness.
  • Folder in Dock bug - swipe to widgets and then back to home screen: it will blink. Video: Here
  • Signal bars not updating on in car infotainment using either Bluetooth or CarPlay unless phone screen is on (XS and XS Max only, since iOS 12.0).
Notification bugs:
  • Grouped notifications glitch - Expand, collapse and then expand again a grouped notification quickly, it will have a glitchy animation with DND. Video: Here
  • Notification Center bug: If you have a grouped notification in the notification center, make sure to delete till you have only one, then click the X next to the app and not the one next to "Notification Center". It will result in a glitch - Video: Here
  • Notification center missing background: Lock and unlock your phone. Then open an app, and quickly pull down the notification center. It won't have background for a few seconds.
  • If you have enough notifications to hide the time, then scroll down-up few times, the notifications will get glitched with the time. After you collapse the notifications, there will be a glitchy animation. Video: Here
  • On an iPhone X, XS, and XS Max, if your home screen have multiple pages, go to a different page other than main, then swipe up to get to your main page. After you quickly want to open anything in the Dock, you can't, you need to wait a few seconds to be able to do it. Video: Here
  • Lock screen time & lock status glitch: using your locked iPhone, swipe from right to left two times quickly. For the second swipe, your time and lock status will disappear. Video: Here
  • Landscape mode control center bug: Open anything in landscape mode, for example a YouTube video in full screen. Open your Control Center, swipe from right to left, then close CC. There will be a stuck bar at the top of your screen for a few seconds. Video: Here
  • App crash bug: Open the app switcher. Tap on an app, swipe it up to close, but while its closing tap on it - > glitchy crash. Video: Here
  • Adding the first widget in the available widgets list will have a glitchy animation. Video: Here
  • Safari: "add to home screen" - when there is just one home screen, it does not show the recently added icon. It does create a 2nd home screen page but when you swipe left the icon is missing. After a reboot or waiting for several minutes, the icon may appear.
  • Since iOS 11.4 still can’t initiate ‘album’ playback via Siri on the watch with music that is locally stored on phone.
  • When iCloud Keychain and text replacements are enabled, text replacement won’t be offered anymore when trying to login. The specific text replacement is overwritten with “Password”.
  • iMessage app sort order resets after a period of time from custom order to default order.
  • In Messages: using 3D Touch to Peak and Pop, or when rotating the screen orientation turns the iMessage app strip black (iPhone 7 only)
  • Sometimes, if you have no SIM inserted, you will see an old time to appear at the top of the screen. Video: Here
  • Opening app switcher in landscape mode will sometimes show old stuff that you did with the app before. Video: Here
  • On the home screen, scrolling to the second page, swiping up then holding the screen will cause the second page to disappear. Video: Here
  • Lockscreen blocking bug: Get to the passcode request page, then swipe up and down while not releasing the screen - this will cause the first line (1, 2, 3) to be unresponsive. Video: Here (I typed 1 to show that it was working)

Reactions: sorgo †

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Has portrait mode been enabled for the wide lens on the dual lens phone yet? Has PIP been enabled on the iPhones yet?

fredrik9

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2018
Sweden
I was worried about 12.1.2 too but finally updated because I got tired of seeing the badge, and there was absolutely no difference.

I am still on 12.1.1. I too kinda wanna update to get rid of not just the badge but the popups as well, they appear during games and everything, messes everything up! I have always installed so I never knew how annoying Apple is about updates.

I checked my wife's phone on 12.1.2 if the "messages attachment view scroll bug" (going to a conversation with lots of attachments and the scrolling down the list results in it automatically going to top so it is impossible to scroll to the bottom without hitting list view) was still present and yes it was not fixed. So the only bug I know of is not fixed so why even bother a restart?

Can anyone confirm if it's fixed in 12.1.3?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.