iOS 12.1.3 Beta 3 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Banglazed, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. AdisCZ macrumors newbie

AdisCZ

I`ve just tried to scroll trough some attachments and the bug is gone.

2. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

iPhone 7.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

4. christian.terra macrumors regular

I'm seeing better connectivity on the subway as well, but on previous betas it would be okay for a day and then would need a hard reset to work properly again. Hoping this beta fixes it permanently.

5. EzDoesItSC macrumors member

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Yes, that's what I was saying but it was heavily laced with sarcasm as the person to whom I was responding knows very well that the features he's asking toward aren't going to be added in a X.x.x update.

7. mngdew macrumors member

mngdew

I'm seeing wi-fi download speed improvement on my XS by about 50Mbps.

8. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

Perhaps be a bit more specific of what you were expecting? But no, generic PIP is not available on the iPhone. God only knows if it ever will be.

9. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

Is Settings hanging for a few seconds for anyone else upon opening it? This has been an issue for the last few betas now and I can't believe Apple hasn't addressed this. I did submit this to them as a bug as well but I haven't heard back since.

10. 0014 macrumors 6502a

Working fine on my XSM.

11. Ladin007 macrumors regular

Ladin007

What about smoothnes? I think ios 12.0.1 was last smooth ios...

12. mngdew macrumors member

mngdew

I wish Apple cuts down the animations to make things snappier.

13. Smoothie macrumors 6502a

Since my ISP's service is capped at 45 Mbps, I don't think I'll be seeing that kind of increase on my XS Max. Probably time for me to upgrade to fiber-to-the-home.

14. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

Very good beta. Smooth and the battery life on my max appears to be better. (Battery doesn’t drain as fast)

15. Ladin007 macrumors regular

Ladin007

What is your geekbench score? On iphone x...??

16. mngdew macrumors member

mngdew

45Mbps? Are you still on the DSL?

17. sorgo macrumors regular

sorgo

Try enabling “Reduce Motion” in Settings > General > Accessibility. It significantly cuts down on the (in my opinion) gaudy animations and helps to save on battery life; “Reduce Transparency” achieves a similar effect, in my experience.

18. mngdew macrumors member

mngdew

I know about it, but it cuts down things way too much.
    Apple seriously needs to allow users to customize their iphones.

19. maxchile macrumors member

maxchile

battery draining for my xs max since 12.1.3 beta 3

20. mngdew macrumors member

mngdew

New firmwares need time to settle and consumes more battery during the period.

21. Squillace macrumors member

Squillace

I talked about that in the previous beta topic, I had this bug and it happened also with the App Store app. It's actually very annoying. Regarding this beta 3, I honestly haven't paid attention yet but I just picked up my Xs right know and opened Settings to check and the delay didn't occur. So, fingers crossed...

A certain amount/kind of customization will NEVER happen within Apple software due to they politics and you know it.

22. mngdew macrumors member

mngdew

Now is a good time to reconsider many things if they want to sell more iPhones. Of course, it will never happen as long as they still blame others outside Apple for the drops.

23. Squillace macrumors member

Squillace

Apple's choices and politic regarding customization is the same since many years ago and the less good sales of iPhones this year is absolutely not related to more or less customization. It's caused by other factors (situation in China and excessive prices in the flagship range, mainly).
    People know from long ago that if you want an Apple product, the software provided will allows you to customize 'some' stuff, to a certain point, and that's it. It's not new. It isn't going to change.

But regarding this specific question about faster or shorter animations, it's that kind of things that get's constantly changed in a version or another... So, why bother?

24. fredrik9 macrumors newbie

I don't really see what people mean with slow animations, on my iPhone X, animations have been super fast since the day I got it, even on the supposedly buggy iOS 11.

25. Squillace macrumors member

Squillace

My opinion as well. I guess some people want the animation like played 2x faster to last less time...
    Back in my times of jailbreaking in iOS 7/8 there was a tweak to speed up everything, the result was some kind of fast forward animations. I don't see the point honestly. Better turn them off completely...

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.