iOS 12.1.3 Beta 3 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Banglazed, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. richard371 macrumors 68020

I turned on reduced motion due to the key pop up bug I posted about and I also have weird issue with the keyboard going up and down when opening up an iMessage thread sometimes. This fixed both issues and makes the phone feel so much quicker. I tried turning it off and the animations make the phone feel so much slower. There is still enough transition to have some eye candy effect but it’s very quick. Once you get used to it it’s hard to go back.

2. sbailey4 macrumors 68040

sbailey4

So far no issue today with iP XR switching back to LTE data after being on wifi. 12.1.2 seemed to have trouble with that from time to time requiring a reboot to get data flowing again.

3. Pauly R. macrumors newbie

Pauly R.

After upgrading from beta 2 to beta 3, my news widget is gone. It is not even listed anymore. Anyone k ow how to get it back ?

4. sorgo macrumors regular

sorgo

Exactly—much more minimalistic- and clean-feeling. The battery and performance savings are also a plus.

I’ve used these settings for years and I sincerely hope Apple never does away with them.

5. ryanykh, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019

ryanykh macrumors newbie

ryanykh

Is it just me or my keyboard is lagging when typing on Beta 3? Didn’t seem to have this issue with beta 2. iPhone X.

6. sorgo macrumors regular

sorgo

Haven’t noticed such an issue on either my iPhone 8 Plus or on my iPad Mini 4.

7. calibru_2good_4u macrumors regular

iOS 12.1.3 beta 3 it’s slowing down a lot my Xs max witch is stuttering , lagging , glitching ..

8. The Oak macrumors regular

XS Verizon USA 12.1.3.B3

It has been almost 2 days. From an LTE perspective I am convinced these phones need a day or two to bake and figure things out.

My uploads however have done a severe drop. I definitely preferred 12.1.3.B2 using Modem 1.03.05. Uploads were much higher then. (The Carrier for Verizon actually remained the same at 35.0.2 for both betas.) I can understand why a carrier would favor download over upload as the amount of content received in general pales compared to what is sent. My current speed tests though leave less to be desired from an upload perspective.

I'll give this firmware a few more days ... fingers crossed it figures things out.

9. CyberVisitor macrumors 6502

In my experience neither of these options actually make the iPhone ”faster”. There’s a delay in everything even without animition turned on. Nothing is faster. It might ”feel” faster since you don’t see any animition but if you compare two phones side to side you’ll see that apps etc. open and closes exactly the same time with or without animition.
    I’d prefer if Apple implement a feature to have no animition with full effect, i.e. no lag at all when animition is turned off.

10. Packer2058 macrumors member

Packer2058

iPhone XS Max, 256 GB Gold, AT&T, Launch day, iOS 12.1.3 Public Beta 3 here!

From my experience, this beta seems to have fixed the lag that I experienced when typing and sending texts. Also, WiFi and Data connections seem more stable. The battery life is a LOT better. Phone feels snappier overall. Was coming from iOS 12.1.2

11. Sharkoneau macrumors 6502a

Sharkoneau

This build has seemingly done great things for my Verizon cellular reception. I live in a semi-rural area, and have typically gotten 1-3 bars in my home. Since updating, I’ve had full bars almost exclusively.

12. Donga120 macrumors 6502

Donga120

Tempted to try but also tempted to wait until the end of the month! might jump on the next beta which I presume will be next week. I guess... If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

13. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68000

Freakonomics101

Noticeable battery life improvements from iOS 12.1 on my iPhone 10 and iPad 10.5. Haven’t messed around with my iPhone SE yet so can’t provide results for that yet.

14. tbaer macrumors member

Since 12.1 switching from wifi to LTE has been problematic for me. My typical scenario is I have an app open while on wifi in a building with bad LTE coverage. I walk outside, lose wifi but don't connect to LTE. It only connects if I turn on flight mode for a few seconds.

12.1.3b3 has been better but I just had one of those instances again. My wife has the same issue. It's getting annoying.

15. Sci_Tech macrumors member

Same here. It's better by a bit, but annoying how it doesn't work as a phone should if I don't turn on/off airplane first

16. richard371 macrumors 68020

Definitely sounds like a software issues with the intel modem. Hopefully Apple and intel can get it sorted out soon.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 9, 2019 ---
    I've noticed a couple of times on the latest beta ill be typing a response to an Imessage and it freezes for a second. Its like the KB doesn't recognize any typing for a bit then its fine.

17. iOSBry macrumors 6502

I’ve seen the exact opposite, my iPhone XS has been wonderful.

iOSBry

18. Smoothie macrumors 6502a

Bonded pair copper with AT&T U-verse. They have fiber in my neighborhood now, but I’ve been slow about upgrading.

19. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I have a similar issue regarding connectivity. When I enter a part of my work building with little to no service, I'll either connect to 1x or Extended (each are pretty much useless on Verizon). When I get back to my office where I have an usable LTE signal, the phone refuses to connect and remains on what it had latched onto before. Most times flipping into and out of airplane mode will resolve but I've had instances where a restart is required.

I don't believe this is new to this beta but it's been reported.

20. The Oak macrumors regular

I will text my wife from work saying to the effect "Heading home" ... I will then connect the phone to the car and start driving. My wife will respond "K". CarPlay will flag I got a text, but when I ask it to read the text, it does not. If I get a word texted back it reads the word. It seems to have problems with single letter responses. This has been the past few betas actually.

21. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

When you reported it to Apple as a bug, did they acknowledge the issue?

22. kurus macrumors newbie

Hello, I am appearing with you a green bar showing up when you start, end connections visible on video.
    I have this bug probably from the beginning of iOS12, someone will confirm at home?
    On iOS 11 I am glad that it was not a problem.

23. Banglazed thread starter macrumors 68020

Banglazed

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.