iOS 12.1.3 Beta 4 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Banglazed, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Banglazed thread starter macrumors 68020

Banglazed

The captive page to accept terms or login to public WiFi takes awhile to show up on my Max but quicker on older device

2. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

My shortcuts are working fine when I launch them manually since I don't use Siri.

3. jessebkr87 macrumors regular

Yep. Same here. She doesn’t say the result.

4. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

5. minato21 macrumors regular

Anyone running this on a iPhone 8 experiencing their device heating up?

6. macintoshmac, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019

macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

It must really be smooth. :eek:
    --- Post Merged, Jan 10, 2019 ---
    After how long did you experience this? I have an 8, will report in some time. Also, let the device settle in for a while.

EDIT: 20 minutes have passed, no heating issue here. Even played a game. You might be having a rogue app.

7. minato21 macrumors regular

Just recently, updated it this morning and it’s been sitting on my desk the entire day. After a little bit of usage (safari, reddit, snapchat) it felt quite warm to touch than normal. Will give it some more time to settle and see what happens

8. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

I did not experience any heating issue in the 20 minutes I have spent with the phone since updating. Even playing a game did not heat it up. There must be some rogue app on the phone incompatible with some new code in beta 4.

9. ram130 macrumors regular

ram130

It’s still very slow at regaining signal between subway stops in NYC. Why would Apple even fix this if no one reports it? Exactly.

[​IMG]

On T-Mobile.

In most cases it takes 5 mins to get a signal. For example while typing this I arrived at a Times Square stop, started walking to the 7 train and it took 4 minutes before I got signal. I mean come on.

Reported.

10. Blue Hawk macrumors regular

I’ve reported a lot since iOS 12.0 Beta 2 but mostly they don’t care. And the Network Problems with the newer iPhones are really annoying.

11. George Knighton macrumors 65816

George Knighton

I am having an occasional problem with streaming media, and I do not know if there is a way for iOS to address it. It might just be the way that networks operate, and that's the way it is.

Situation:
    1. Most used cellular plan ("Primary") is on an eSIM, and this is the plan from which data is pulled by default.
    2. Secondary cellular plan is on a physical SIM, it is a Verizon MVNO and it is there only for those rare occasions way out somewhere that the T-Mobile primary plan does not have a signal. It's rare, but it happens.

Problem: When using streaming media like Pandora or Amazon Music, the stream will suddenly stop. The head unit reports "No data" and it takes maybe as long as 30 seconds for the stream to start up again.

If I turn off the physical SIM, or if I turn off LTE on the physical SIM, the eSIM can stream media consistently, without any problems at all.

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Running beautifully here on my XS as well. No complaints whatsoever.

I think Apple might actually pull off this "iOS 12 is for stability" thing.

13. Nikhil72 macrumors 65816

This was rectified for me these past betas but on Verizon, and the engineering team had responded to my bug reports saying that there were specific fixes in place for this issue for Verizon. Keep submitting those reports, I eventually heard back.

14. George Knighton macrumors 65816

George Knighton

I'll be curious to know whether the rate of polling affects your battery life.

15. mngdew macrumors member

mngdew

[​IMG]

16. kevo0822 macrumors 6502

This is happening on my XS running 12.1.2, so it isn’t isolated to the beta.

17. Squillace macrumors member

Squillace

Today I woke up at the same time of every other day and used my XS at work like every other day (which means not that much)... Usually when I leave work I have around 65% of battery, but today I was under 50% (like 48% or something like this).

Too early to judge but it seams that beta 4 is worse in battery life than beta 3 for me...

18. Splandid macrumors member

Splandid

Same By me ... XS

19. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

20. Nikhil72 macrumors 65816

So far the last beta was solid for battery and this one seems on par as well.

21. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

I don't live in NYC, but I've visited quite a few times and cellular service in the subway has always been extremely hit-or-miss.

Did you have notably better performance at any point before? Subway stations are a really bad RF environment; even if the provider has antennas installed there's a lot of RF-reflective surfaces and heavy structural walls that can disrupt the signal.

Not saying this isn't iOS's fault, just saying that expecting good cellular performance down there is QUITE a stretch. :)

22. Gregnyrfan macrumors member

Gregnyrfan

I have been having this problem as well since beta 2. Have submitted the bug several times now.

23. kurus, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019

kurus macrumors newbie

Exactly the same with me, I randomly appear :(

24. KOTULCN macrumors 6502

25. maxchile macrumors member

maxchile

Hi ! https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...and-improvements.2159796/page-9#post-26977176

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.