Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Is this release specific to certain devices? Almost an hour after release and I'm still not seeing an update.

iPhone 7 on Verizon.

WaruiKoohii

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2015
Boston
I have tried that too, I even went to the extent of DFU restore but I still see this. I don’t want to get my phone replaced with a refurbished one from Apple, just hope 12.2 has this fixed.
A DFU restore didn't resolve it for me, I had to actually use Reset Network Settings. Unfortunate that it didn't help in your case.

mujtaba.mir

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2014
I've been dealing with it off and on for the past few BETAs on my XS
This has happened to you on 12.2 as well? Are you using eSIM? What solves the issue for you? Quickly toggling Airplane mode? Has a reset of network settings helped?

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
I always do a hard restart with my XS (Volume Up, Volume Down, Hold Side
Hopefully this fixes an issue for me where LTE is seen on the status but the phone has no internet. Toggle Airplane On and Off and LTE works fine. iPhone XR, Model A1984

I always do a hard restart with my XS (Volume Up, Volume Down, Hold Side until Apple Logo) after an iOS update.

Try that with your XR?

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
Can someone please advise if iOS 12.2 fixes the "phantom" devices showing in Screen Time? Devices you no longer own or are not linked to your Apple ID still show in Screen Time under Devices. There are multiple threads on this issue with no resolution.....

mujtaba.mir

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2014
I always do a hard restart with my XS (Volume Up, Volume Down, Hold Side

I always do a hard restart with my XS (Volume Up, Volume Down, Hold Side until Apple Logo) after an iOS update.

Try that with your XR?
Have you faced the same issue as well?

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Can someone please advise if iOS 12.2 fixes the "phantom" devices showing in Screen Time? Devices you no longer own or are not linked to your Apple ID still show in Screen Time under Devices. There are multiple threads on this issue with no resolution.....
I don't see this as an issue. It's old screen time data from your older devices that is still added to your iCloud account. Maybe they should offer a way for cleaning said data or only ever keeping the last 2 weeks or whatever. Don't think it is a bug per se though.

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
I don't see this as an issue. It's old screen time data from your older devices that is still added to your iCloud account. Maybe they should offer a way for cleaning said data or only ever keeping the last 2 weeks or whatever. Don't think it is a bug per se though.

Apple is apparently aware of this and said it would be fixed in future iOS updates. Which was suppose to get fixed in 12.1.1 but never happened. Just wondering if they finally got to it with 12.2...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.