iOS 12.3 TV app finally adds 15 second rewind and forward buttons

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by nutmac, May 13, 2019.

1. nutmac macrumors 601

[​IMG]

I didn’t see this anywhere on the beta threads.

So I was very pleasantly surprised to finally see 15 second rewind and forward buttons on the iOS TV app, along with scrubber repositioned to the bottom of the screen where it belongs (as to not accidentally triggering Notification Center).

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Hallelujah!

I can't even put into words how badly I hate trying to navigate with the new ATV remotes.

3. SoYoung macrumors 6502a

The standard controls are great, but making the app portrait mode only now (don't know for plus models) are completely crap. Whats the point to do this for a media app? always having to turn your phone back and forth only to chose another video is not convenient.

4. Donnation macrumors demi-god

Donnation

Its portrait only on the Plus models as well. Hopefully this will be addressed in a further update.

Thank god they finally moved the scrubber to the bottom. It was completely useless at the top.

5. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

I mostly use voice commands for that kind of stuff ("go back 30 seconds", "go forward 5 minutes", "go to the 44 minute mark"), etc.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Honestly that's the best way and I do it when my old brain remembers it's an option. That said, if I'm watching something and get distracted, hitting a button to go back 15 seconds is easier than holding a button, waiting for it to start listening, asking and waiting for it to go back.