Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ovo6

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2015
Last beta when on 1% phone got really slow hopefully this fixes it , I know this been goin on for a should back and forth

Reactions: sterumbelow

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
Last beta when on 1% phone got really slow hopefully this fixes it , I know this been goin on for a should back and forth
That was a known issue with the X straight after launch. Mine has always done it.

Last edited:

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
added release notes to wiki

Attachments

• iOS_12_beta_11_Release_Notes.pdf
    148.5 KB · Views: 326

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
The whole thing about this beta releases just became to boring for me.....beta profile deleted.

Reactions: d5aqoëp

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
Wow apple keep making it faster the X is so smooth this is amazing everytime i think its best it can be it gets better, the final release is gonna be amazing

Reactions: NBKindaGirl

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing about this beta releases just became to boring for me.....beta profile deleted.
That’s a strange statement and not so wise. You see, by now you have all the features that iOS 12 will bring us when released (and I assume that’s why you’re bored right now and don’t want to spend time updating) BUT by deleting the beta profile you won’t receive important beta updates and you can never be sure that your current beta version is the last one (it could have important bugs that’s fixed it the next beta, which you will miss).

Not so good decision—thumbs down!

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
The last beta and this one included, the only encounter I’ve had is the keyboard sometimes freezing on input.

Only seems to happen in Apple Mail, Safari, iMessage and WhatsApp.

Had it twice already this evening on this beta in iMessage.

Tried a reset of all settings but didn’t fix it. Not something I can replicate either. It just happens at random.

Rest has been ok, although I’m not seeing a major speed difference over 11.4.1. But suppose that’s to be expected on a iPhone X.

radubraharu

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2018
Romania
I think that a little placebo involves these smoothnesses. Or it’s smoother a short time after updating. If the differences would be obvious with every beta release, all phones would already be as smooth as the X

mujtaba.mir

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2014
For what it's worth, I received a message from HSBC to stay tuned for a new internet banking experience as well as a new app. :D

Maybe that will solve the problems once and for all.
Good thing you recalled. I got the same SMS as well. I think it is about time that the worldwide app gets the same updates as other region specific ones like UK France Singapore.

Reactions: macintoshmac

CKohkah

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
Only 1 build number up, by now they must be near a GM or have one already built for downloading into the new devices.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA

This is normal. At 1% the battery voltage is very close to the cutoff point where the phone has to shut down because there is simply not enough power available anymore.

That slowdown lets you keep using your phone just a little bit longer. Without that slowdown it would have likely shut down several minutes sooner. The idea is to reduce instantaneous battery current so the voltage stays safely above the cutoff.

My 8 Plus does it too, and I remember my 6 doing it. It's Apple's way of squeezing just a little more life out of the battery.

atton

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2016
London, UK
System storage size is almost 52GB. Does this sound right? Is it cause of the beta storing logs etc?

What’s your system size?

5411014F-8D97-4EC6-ABCC-6EE6B0A15026.png

EDIT: Wait, what the...
Checked 2 mins later and it’s at 14 GB now...?!!

DC8A972F-6107-48F8-9784-11BD5A818120.png

EDIT2: @Banglazed kindly and accurately explained this behaviour in the post below. Thanks!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.