Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
Seems the older devices work fine under iOS 13. My iPad mini 5 runs great. Only issues I have are on my 11p

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
WiFi keeps dropping on iPhone X during a FaceTime audio call. This is a mess...
Have the same. According to my Feedback, no-one else has ever reported it. That either means ... no-one else has ever reported it or, more likely, no-one at Apple has looked at this issue at all and done any bug consolidation.

If anyone running a beta has this issue, feel free to help them by referencing FB7251811.

Reactions: gank41

PeterK44

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2017
Drumroll.... will it fix

1. Heating up with light usage?
2. Overnight/general standby battery drain?
3. Home screen stuttering between swipes?
4. Mail?? Lol
5. Message photo indexing?
6. Call drops?
7. Data cutting out?
8. Dark mode ui glitches
9. Notifications not working right

Just to name a few... anybody else have some more bugs to add to the list? I hope these are fixed and then maybe I’ll take the plunge! Probably still waiting till 13.2.1 though.

Phone calls made using Siri default to speaker.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Are automatic shortcuts working for someone? Tried it again with the new version but got again the message of I want to disable WiFi because I left my home. What does Apple understand with „automatic shortcuts“? That we have to activate it with the notification again?

Reactions: adrianlondon

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Mine often don't even do that. They should trigger when I leave home, or arrive back, but half the time nothing happens. And even when they do "work" all it does it pop up a notification asking me if I want to run the shortcut. As you say, that's not what I'd call automation even if it worked as designed.

Reactions: dk001 and Blue Hawk

c47v3770

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2016
Have the same. According to my Feedback, no-one else has ever reported it. That either means ... no-one else has ever reported it or, more likely, no-one at Apple has looked at this issue at all and done any bug consolidation.

If anyone running a beta has this issue, feel free to help them by referencing FB7251811.

Do you have an X as well? Thanks for reporting it!

SHEESH

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
Does anyone know how to save a file to your phone from Files now? it used to be one simple button but now it pulls up a million suggested apps to use it in when I just want to save the image to my phone to post later.

RichHI

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2018
Princeville, HI
Upgraded to 13.1.3 and the double deletion bug in email which they fixed in 13.1.2 is back again. Now they want me to update my Macbook and reinstall 13.1.3. Last thing I need is the same bug on my MacBook. What is wrong with Apple these days. So intent to give us toys like dark mode but cannot get the mail app to keep working properly. Mu Iphone is a business tool not a 3 year old's toy.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Mine often don't even do that. They should trigger when I leave home, or arrive back, but half the time nothing happens. And even when they do "work" all it does it pop up a notification asking me if I want to run the shortcut. As you say, that's not what I'd call automation even if it worked as designed.
And when I’m coming back home nothing happens. No notification, no change. Nothing.

kobby2k6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
Does anyone know how to save a file to your phone from Files now? it used to be one simple button but now it pulls up a million suggested apps to use it in when I just want to save the image to my phone to post later.

hold the image or file and click "share". After that, scroll down the share sheet to choose "Save Image". It is too many steps in my opinion. To make it easier in the future, once you get to share sheet, scroll all the way down and select "edit actions' and move "save image" to the top of your sheet for future files you want to save to your phone.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
For those of you having Mail issues, I just had my first "good" Mail experience in I don't remember how long.. I decided to move to 13.2beta on both iOS and iPadOS and then because I was feeling masochistic, I updated to Catalina yesterday (I was on macOS 10.14.6) and am now seeing Mail on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro all staying in sync with each other within a second or two. Meaning, I can delete an email on my iPad and then both my iPhone & MacBook Pro reflect that change within 1-2 seconds. It's been almost real-time. And I've got my iCloud account, 3 Gmail accounts, an @outlook.com account, a Yahoo account, and another IMAP account. Although I really just use the iCloud, @outlook.com accounts, and sometimes the Gmail Account. But still.. Notification Badges are all correct, too.

I've been having all sorts of issues ranging from the "No Sender" issues early on in the betas to the notifications being all janky or non-existent, and sounds staying enabled even with the ringer switched off.. I wonder if me updating macOS to Catalina had any impact? Like, the new iOS/iPadOS trying to sync up with the older macOS?

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
The mail app works fine for me. Only the notifications in the lockscreen are disappearing very fast.
I have deleted my automation shortcuts again. It’s worthless. Don’t work.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I've been having all sorts of issues ranging from the "No Sender" issues early on in the betas to the notifications being all janky or non-existent, and sounds staying enabled even with the ringer switched off.. I wonder if me updating macOS to Catalina had any impact? Like, the new iOS/iPadOS trying to sync up with the older macOS?

I doubt it in general, but my Exchange email account isn't synced anywhere other than my iPhone and iPads - it's completely disconnected from my MBP. So at least in my case running Catalina on the Mac wouldn't make a difference. :-\

Reactions: gank41

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
My 7 Plus battery drained 33% in about 10 hours with no use. It was just sitting on the counter at home. Battery usage screen shows about 10 minutes of screen on time and around an hour of screen off time. The graph shows constant slow drain.

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Really going out on a limb here, but I’d guess we get Beta 4 Tuesday or Wednesday.

Shocking, I know.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Many apps are not starting for me again. Or are freezing. Cannot restart my phone because it shuts down and I don’t see the Apple logo at the start. And again the keyboard. It changed „for me again“ in the first sentence here into „fur mel Abdul“. WTF??

And when I’m writing about my problems in another forums, in the Apple one too I only get answers like „it works for me“, „no problem here“. I don’t care if someone doesn’t have problems. I only care about help and people who have problems too. I feel really alone with my problems. Apple doesn’t care too. ?

And again: I hate this keyboard so much

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
Many apps are not starting for me again. Or are freezing. Cannot restart my phone because it shuts down and I don’t see the Apple logo at the start. And again the keyboard. It changed „for me again“ in the first sentence here into „fur mel Abdul“. WTF??

And when I’m writing about my problems in another forums, in the Apple one too I only get answers like „it works for me“, „no problem here“. I don’t care if someone doesn’t have problems. I only care about help and people who have problems too. I feel really alone with my problems. Apple doesn’t care too. ?

And again: I hate this keyboard so much
Sorry you’re having problems.
There can be a long delay between the phone actually being told to shut down and it ready to be started up again. This manifests as you holding the power on button and nothing happening. Eventually it works
So this may be normal.
For the keyboard. You could try making sure you have the correct dictionary’s selected in Settings-General-Dictionary. If all is good there you could try a dictionary reset in settings-general-reset-reset keyboard dictionary.
For the non starting apps you could try reinstalling them. But to me if I was having that many problems, I’d be tempted to try a complete reset and restore. If that failed I’d try a DFU restore.
Good luck.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I have the right languages and dictionary’s. Resetted them but still same issue. The corrections doesn’t make sense. Especially not in German. Apple says it’s not a bug, it’s a feature. ?

I have restored my iPhone with iTunes without backup. But didn’t help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.