iPhone iOS 13.1.3 editing a screenshot issue

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
Hello all,
I have the following issue. I take a screenshot in an iphone, editing interface coming up and I highlight or mark what I need to. I then save it to pictures. When I open it, no editing was saved, just the screenshot with no highlights I made. Anybody has this issue?
iOS 13.1.3 on iPhone Xs.
455C8731-FDBB-44C1-8C03-5DD83FE6869D.png

papbot

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2015
Is it just me?
It’s not just you. I posted about this when iOS 13.0 was first released. I saw it on my iPad Pro 3rd gen 12”. I tend to take a lot of screen shots and saw this right away. But I didn’t see it on my other devices and got almost no responses to my posts so I thought maybe it was specific to this version of iPad. But I have since experienced it on my new 11 pro max as well. 13.2 does not fix this.

By the way taking a second screenshot and saving it with no editing will cause the first screenshot to convert to the cropped version you wanted to begin with. On my iPad it occurs every time with a screenshot in Safari, sometimes Mail, but I haven’t yet seen it in other apps.

ConfusedChris

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
U.K.
I reported this in beta a few weeks back. This is actually a serious privacy issue.
For example: Someone sends you a picture and you don’t need high resolution so you take a screenshot, crop out some random kids, and then share it online.

Yesterday I received an email with a piece of information I wanted to share. I cropped out the unwanted text and my other email summaries on the left and shared it, only to find I had shared the whole screen!
(No harm done is this case.)

Reactions: digitalfreaknyc

papbot

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2015
13.3 beta fixed this for me on my iPad Pro and 13.2.2 general release fixed it on my iPhone, I just checked again, all good. Fingers crossed it stays this way. I’m checking by cropping the image. That saves properly. Previously the whole image saved.

digitalfreaknyc

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
13.3 beta fixed this for me on my iPad Pro and 13.2.2 general release fixed it on my iPhone, I just checked again, all good. Fingers crossed it stays this way. I’m checking by cropping the image. That saves properly. Previously the whole image saved.
Not me. Still a problem