Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rbenjamin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Northern Westchester, NY
This seems to have been an issue since iOS 13 upgrade, but now on 13.2.2 with the same issues. My XSMax has the same issue with ALL bluetooth devices now. Pushing the bluetooth button on the bluetooth device used to trigger Siri so that one could ask questions or make calls or send messages. Now it triggers Siri but it seems Siri is never able to connect to the internet.

For example, I push the Siri button on my steering wheel and I get the ding dong sound and the car listens for siri. The screen on my phone is listening for siri and the wave graphic on the bottom of the phone screen hears my voice and even puts the request on teh screen, so it is connecting through the car and the request is making it to the phone. But then nothing happens and eventually Siri times out. It has a full strength LTE connection. Same when connected over WiFi to a good internet signal.

Happens in all three of my cars now and on bluetooth ear pieces. All worked perfectly previously.

Also, pushing the siri button on the phone and it works perfectly as expected.

What the heck is going on here?

codemonkey812

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2013
I have the same issue. Today I noticed if I press the Bluetooth icon in the lower right my car is listed twice. If I select the second one Siri works for that session.
982cf63ee29410e096954b7a282ca1bc.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.