All Devices iOS 13 and Persistent Personal Hotspot?

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by lsquare, Jul 28, 2019.

1. lsquare macrumors 6502

Anyone here with iOS 13 beta installed on their iPhone? Apparently there's a feature called "Persistent Personal Hotspot". I've been waiting for something like this on iOS for a very long time. So far all of the data points to the fact that it'll work perfectly with iOS devices. What about Android? If an Android device connects to an iPhone or iPad with iOS 13 with the "Persistent Personal Hotspot", is it still going to maintain connection with an iPhone/iPad when it goes to sleep?

2. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

It should, kind of the point of naming it what it is. But as always it also depends on the client device..

3. johnmed macrumors regular

It’s pretty good so far for me. I too have been waiting for something just like this too.

4. IowaLynn macrumors 65816

IowaLynn

I can only find “ Personal hotspot “ - nothing to do with Persistent.

5. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

Its how it functions, not the actual text naming of it.

6. Jimgpayne macrumors newbie

I worked perfectly between my iPhone XR and my iPad 12.9 up until beta 2. Then it broke in beta 3 & 4 for me.

7. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Odd, it was beta 3 or 4 that my hotspot started working again. Beta is funny.

8. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Just recently, the personal hotspot cannot even last long enough for me to download a 600MB file, let alone “persistent”. Beta 5. That is a connection from cellular iPhone to cellular iPad. Hopefully iOS 13 GM performs better in this regard. And, one major reason I almost never connect Personal Hotspot using Wifi, unless I have no other option. USB Ethernet is much better.