Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone iOS 13 Dark Mode Blue Action Buttons Need To Lighten Up

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
395
104
Loving Dark Mode in iOS 13, but the blue action buttons against black background are REALLY hard to read. In apps like Notes, the buttons (all iCloud, add, share, done, 2019, search, add, Today, Calendars, Inbox)) are yellow and easy to read, as are Calendar with red text. App Store, Mail, Reminders, Photos (without setting to max brightness) would benefit with lighter text. What are the chances of this happening?


IMG_E9F556D32C4B-1.jpeg
Loving

IMG_3699.PNG
View attachment 844146
 
Last edited:

tgwaste

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
1,029
1,342
I dont see those buttons in either image but I know what youre talking about.
They probably wont do anything about it. Todays Apple only goes about 80% of the way and always withholds the other 20%.

Take the calendar for example. Looks nice in dark mode but is still a garbage app. Google calendars Month view is by far and wide better.
 

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
395
104
I dont see those buttons in either image but I know what youre talking about.
They probably wont do anything about it. Todays Apple only goes about 80% of the way and always withholds the other 20%.

Take the calendar for example. Looks nice in dark mode but is still a garbage app. Google calendars Month view is by far and wide better.
I mean the yellow and red fonts are much easier to read. Might be using the wrong terminology.

Notes - all iCloud, Done, Share
Calendar - 2019, Search, Add, Today, Calendars, Inbox
 

Shirasaki

macrumors G4
May 16, 2015
10,285
4,110
There are other areas of iOS 13 beta 2 that the text is unreadable. But I personally find blue button under dark mode is still ok to read. With that being said, it is always great to increase the color intensity and brightness of the said blue.
 

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
395
104
I guess it's just me, lol. If I set my iPhone Xs Max to maximum brightness, the blue looks great but white text is blinding. Mid-brightness the blue is too dark and blends into black. Calendar and Notes with their yellow and red fonts are much more legible (no problem at all) at the same mid-brightness.
 

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
395
104
There are other areas of iOS 13 beta 2 that the text is unreadable. But I personally find blue button under dark mode is still ok to read. With that being said, it is always great to increase the color intensity and brightness of the said blue.
I reduced white point to 25% in Accessibility>Display and Text Size. I went into Color Filters (I've always used Blue/Yellow Filter & kept it on) and lowered the Intensity. The blue buttons are now much more legible. Thanks! :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shirasaki
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.