iPhone iOS 13 on daily driver

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by Brandonlowsk, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Brandonlowsk macrumors newbie

Anyone here using it on their daily driver? How’s the experience like for the battery?

2. newtestleper macrumors 6502

Wrong sub. It’s been asked in the correct sub already.

3. cebixd macrumors regular

cebixd

Baterry is normal, on my iPhone 8. Maybe even better then iOS 12, if im not crazy

4. Ansath macrumors regular

Ansath

Been running fine on both iPad and iPhone, daily drivers. iPhones only had 2 resprings since Tuesday.

5. adamgbiggs macrumors 6502

adamgbiggs

iPhone XS here, no resprings as of yet, seems very stable, Updated with Windows 10 and preserved my settings.

Adam.

6. Brandonlowsk thread starter macrumors newbie

Have you encountered any issues with the camera and flashlight buttons on lockscreen?

7. Ansath, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019

Ansath macrumors regular

Ansath

I just assumed they had been removed, never saw the point of the camera button when you just have to swipe on that screen to get to it anyway.

EDIT: Scrap that, they're back. I just did a soft reboot and they're now there.

8. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

No problems for me.

9. adamgbiggs macrumors 6502

adamgbiggs

No issues with those buttons at all, though they work different as Apple has removed the 3D Touch from those it seems, but it all works as should.

Adam.

10. cmaier macrumors G5

iPad Pro: lots of resprings. Reboots itself every night while i sleep. Email app is a mess - doesnt reliably fetch mail, gets hung up syncing, etc. When displaying two windows side by side, randomly loses the ability to resize, requiring reboot.

Etc.

Lots of problems, not unexpected for a first beta, but wouldn’t recommend as a daily driver.

11. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

I’d be fine with all the issues I read about except the email problems. I depend on email for critical work situations; having that be flakey is a non-starter for me.

12. Ansath macrumors regular

Ansath

Email seems fine for me, using a Live.com, Gmail & iCloud account. I've had pretty much none of those issues that eoblaed quoted.

13. cmaier macrumors G5

I use two imap accounts and an exchange account. Most of the problems may be with the exchange account, but when it hangs up it screws up the others. Mail threading is also flakey across all accounts. May be an ipados vs. iOS thing - i only have tried it on the iPad Pro.