Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandonlowsk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
Anyone here using it on their daily driver? How’s the experience like for the battery?

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Been running fine on both iPad and iPhone, daily drivers. iPhones only had 2 resprings since Tuesday.

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
UK
iPhone XS here, no resprings as of yet, seems very stable, Updated with Windows 10 and preserved my settings.

Adam.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Have you encountered any issues with the camera and flashlight buttons on lockscreen?

I just assumed they had been removed, never saw the point of the camera button when you just have to swipe on that screen to get to it anyway.

EDIT: Scrap that, they're back. I just did a soft reboot and they're now there.

Last edited:

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
iPad Pro: lots of resprings. Reboots itself every night while i sleep. Email app is a mess - doesnt reliably fetch mail, gets hung up syncing, etc. When displaying two windows side by side, randomly loses the ability to resize, requiring reboot.

Etc.

Lots of problems, not unexpected for a first beta, but wouldn’t recommend as a daily driver.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
iPad Pro: lots of resprings. Reboots itself every night while i sleep. Email app is a mess - doesnt reliably fetch mail, gets hung up syncing, etc. When displaying two windows side by side, randomly loses the ability to resize, requiring reboot.

Etc.

Lots of problems, not unexpected for a first beta, but wouldn’t recommend as a daily driver.

I’d be fine with all the issues I read about except the email problems. I depend on email for critical work situations; having that be flakey is a non-starter for me.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
I’d be fine with all the issues I read about except the email problems. I depend on email for critical work situations; having that be flakey is a non-starter for me.

Email seems fine for me, using a Live.com, Gmail & iCloud account. I've had pretty much none of those issues that eoblaed quoted.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Email seems fine for me, using a Live.com, Gmail & iCloud account. I've had pretty much none of those issues that eoblaed quoted.
I use two imap accounts and an exchange account. Most of the problems may be with the exchange account, but when it hangs up it screws up the others. Mail threading is also flakey across all accounts. May be an ipados vs. iOS thing - i only have tried it on the iPad Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.