iPhone IOS 13 on Iphone 6s

mi26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2020
For those that have been continually updating the Iphone 6S on IOS13 - how is it running? Still the same or is it starting to slow. Trying to ride out the 6s through IOS13, but haven't done the update yet....

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
For those that have been continually updating the Iphone 6S on IOS13 - how is it running? Still the same or is it starting to slow. Trying to ride out the 6s through IOS13, but haven't done the update yet....
Problem free to date. The 6S is a gem.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

nick_iphone7

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2019
The reaoson to change my 6s was iOS 13😁 since I update is super slow, there was definitely a delay. If you're with iOS 12 stay there. I put just in case 13.3.1 on my 6s and there is no change. I just think the software is a little heavy on the iPhone 6s. 😎

• Sad
Reactions: dysamoria

baas

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2016
I updates my 6s from 12.4.1 to 13.3 (skipped all the prior releases) and I'm really glad I upgraded. I didn't notice any slowdowns or bugs and I really enjoy dark mode, the optimized battery charge function and the better volume indicators. Just make sure that your battery is still capable of peak performance, otherwise it might be a good idea to replace your battery first. Also I did the update through itunes (old habit from 10 years ago lol).

Last edited:

salzrat

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2015
My 6s still feels snappy and like new on 13.3. Slowdowns are very rare. Battery for me is the same as 12.4.1

jschnee21

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2018
On both of my 6s’s, since upgrading to all versions of iOS 13 when ever I use the phone it blows through the battery.

Since iOS 13.3, if the phone is idle, the battery lasts like normal. But if I actually use the phone it blows through the batter in only an hour or two of constant usage.

Already had the batteries replaced in both. One was completely replaced (they broke it changing the battery). Other just had a batter swap (both at Apple store). Didn’t help.

Wife finally gave up and bought a new 11pro (she’s very happy with it). Battery lasts all day with heavy usage. Better than my XSM.

Seems like iOS 13 is running the 6s CPU harder either to keep up with the boatware or the kernel is less optimized for the older CPUs.

Honestly, looking back, you’re probably better to stay with 12.

Reactions: niji

dysamoria

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2011
On both of my 6s’s, since upgrading to all versions of iOS 13 when ever I use the phone it blows through the battery.

Since iOS 13.3, if the phone is idle, the battery lasts like normal. But if I actually use the phone it blows through the batter in only an hour or two of constant usage.

Already had the batteries replaced in both. One was completely replaced (they broke it changing the battery). Other just had a batter swap (both at Apple store). Didn’t help.

Wife finally gave up and bought a new 11pro (she’s very happy with it). Battery lasts all day with heavy usage. Better than my XSM.

Seems like iOS 13 is running the 6s CPU harder either to keep up with the boatware or the kernel is less optimized for the older CPUs.

Honestly, looking back, you’re probably better to stay with 12.
I’ve found this kind of lousy battery life on my iPhone 6s with iOS 12.4.x. I have been appalled by the battery life on this phone from day one. My prior phone was an iPhone 4, which still lives on happily as an iPod now.

Edit: I had the battery in my iPhone 6s replaced for free by Apple just in case. No change.