Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iOS 14 Supports Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and Adaptive Controller

Tech198

macrumors P6
Mar 21, 2011
Australia, Perth
Asphalt is not a console style game ? Call of Duty 4 is not a console style game.??. Bioshock wasn't a console style game? All on the ipad, or were at some stage.

The use of a controller with keyboard attachment makes this a portable "Mac".... "very" portable.

Comment

timcorin

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2017
What?! Are you serious? I hope your joking about the ‘real’ gamer angle. Else, what a dick...

Someone happily enjoying a AAA game on xbox etc or even on mobile is as much a gamer as anyone else.

re apple getting getting serious about gaming, its not a stretch to see them doing an Apple TV Arcade Edition with the AxZ Arm chip + gamepad soon. the pieces are starting to line up.

Reactions: henrycc265
Comment

henrycc265

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2018
Hong Kong
The switch did great because of the games. Mostly 1st party games. Sounds like Apple needs to buy itself a games studio and crank out some great first party titles.

they really should have done that like amazon with their amazon game studio
[automerge]1593157481[/automerge]
Good to see, I hope they quickly support the PS5/XBSX controllers after launch too.

If only Apple supported Vulkan natively the Mac might actually be useful for gaming.

lol judging by apple's update once a year routine I think thats gonna happen on iOS 16 lololol
btw I am having fun with the elite 2 controller on the tvOS 14 developer beta. ( I bought elite 2 on October 2019 and was really looking forward to play it with arcade and I was shocked when it was supported )

playing a lot of sonic racing on apple arcade , the game need some serious balancing ... I am being outmatch using an elite 2 controller playing as BIG cat while iPhone players using their op shadow car
[automerge]1593157842[/automerge]
what about MacOS Big Sur?

installed developer beta OS14 on all of my device... Big Sur recognize elite 2 but it doesn't work yet in any thing , tried it with Apple Arcade , it works when you connected with cable with custom driver tho

having fun on tvOS14 with the elite 2 ,
been playing a lot more sonic racing now thanks to the elite 2
I am downloading beyond a steel sky at this very moment !!

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.