iOS 4.3.1 or Jailbreak caused battery life to become poor?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustler1337, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Hustler1337 macrumors 65816

Hustler1337

Hi,

So, I've jailbreaked my iPhone 4 a couple of days ago for the very first time from iOS 4.2 and have notcied that my battery life has become quite ******. With general use, my battery would go down by quite a bit compared to when I had it under iOS 4.2.

I am not sure whether this is iOS 4.3.1 itself or the jailbreak (as this is my first ever jailbreak). A single full charge would last me a full day, but it seems that I can use up the battery sooner than that.

Or is it just me imagining something? :confused:

2. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

The jailbreak can't effect your battery life, but what you install using Cydia can.

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

Same for me but it was this way before I jailbroke it on 4.3.1. It is really really bad though.

Case in point - left work yesterday with 100% charge. Played Tiny Wings for 45 minutes, replied to 2 emails, and talked on the phone for 1 hour. Woke up this morning (13 hours after the charge to 100%) with 32% battery left. That is ATROCIOUS! Previously I would have had probably 70-75%

I have had so many problems with iPhone 4 replacements (this is my 5th!) that the last time Apple sent me a brand new retail one straight from the factory. I don't know if I want to get into the replacement game again because otherwise the phone is perfect :(