iOS 4.3.1 or Jailbreak caused battery life to become poor?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustler1337, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Dec 23, 2010
    London, UK

So, I've jailbreaked my iPhone 4 a couple of days ago for the very first time from iOS 4.2 and have notcied that my battery life has become quite ******. With general use, my battery would go down by quite a bit compared to when I had it under iOS 4.2.

I am not sure whether this is iOS 4.3.1 itself or the jailbreak (as this is my first ever jailbreak). A single full charge would last me a full day, but it seems that I can use up the battery sooner than that.

Or is it just me imagining something? :confused:
  2. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2010
    The jailbreak can't effect your battery life, but what you install using Cydia can.
  3. iFiend macrumors 65816

Feb 28, 2011
    Same for me but it was this way before I jailbroke it on 4.3.1. It is really really bad though.

Case in point - left work yesterday with 100% charge. Played Tiny Wings for 45 minutes, replied to 2 emails, and talked on the phone for 1 hour. Woke up this morning (13 hours after the charge to 100%) with 32% battery left. That is ATROCIOUS! Previously I would have had probably 70-75%

I have had so many problems with iPhone 4 replacements (this is my 5th!) that the last time Apple sent me a brand new retail one straight from the factory. I don't know if I want to get into the replacement game again because otherwise the phone is perfect :(