ios 5.0.1 and itunes match streaming

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sotorious, Aug 10, 2012.

1. sotorious macrumors 6502a

I was wondering with ios 5.0.1 will i be able to stream music from my iphone or fo you still have to download to play it.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

You can play songs from the cloud (iTunes Match) or you can download them to your phone and keep them locally.

People split hairs over the meaning of the word stream so I stayed away from that.

3. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well thats what i ment, with that version am i able to "play" them with out downloading them.I heard in some places its only ios 6 that is able to only "play" them with out streaming.

4. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone? I want to sign up for iTunes match but don't want to mess up my jailbreak until I know for sure.

5. Catdogchicken macrumors regular

Yes it's only iOS 6 that will 'stream' iOS 5.x.x will start to play on commence of download. That song then lives on your phone and the cloud, although you can remove local stored songs from the phone from the device itself.

6. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

That is the answer i needed, thanks

Also is the download fairly quick over 3g? also can i make playlist and add them to itunes match and it play all those songs?

7. Catdogchicken macrumors regular

Yes it's quite quick on my 3G. Playlist till your hearts content.

8. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

sweet, so its best not to let it discover all your songs @ once, i suppose its best to put them in 1 by 1 to keep everything as organized as possible.