Ios 5.3?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robbie12345, Nov 6, 2011.

1. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

ok almost everyone reading these forums has seen the new android operating system 4.0 on the galaxy nexus.

so i would just like to say that multitasking looks AWESOME!!!

i know this is a mac forum so i was just wondering do you think that apple would upgrade their multitasking and then call it 5.3 or do yoiu think were going to have to wait a year or 2 for something like this

btw im a die hard mac fan and I'm getting the iPhone 4s but I'm just wondering because if apple could use something like this into iOS that would just be amazing!

2. KrisEagling macrumors member

KrisEagling

Your thread is some what confusing.

Apple has introduced a new multitasking system in iOS5, it is now extremely good in my opinion with the notification centre etc.

So we won't have to wait a year as it's already here, also why would they call it 5.3? It would be something like 5.1, or a major new release may be called 6. But don't expect that anytime soon.

I haven't actually seen the new android OS so I can't judge, but each to their own.

Kris

3. Tulipo macrumors member

I really wish apple would have implemented the gesture to swipe between active applications like on the iPad. That would be so sweet.

4. robbie12345 thread starter macrumors 6502

i no kris hasn't seen it b ut have any of you seen the new multitasking on the nexus!

it just looks incredible and as for notifications center it is complete copy of android a
    and b i wouldn't really qualify that as multitasking maybe to some degree but probably not

also the multitasking is similar to honeycomb

you press a button and all of your aapps open with you viewing them at their current location and you simply swipe them out to quit them or click on them to open them

----------

maybe but the problem would be that the actual screen is way tp small so idk if i would ever use it i don't even use it now on my iPad 2

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

You don't know what you're talking about. This kind of advanced technomolology won't appear until at least 5.7.1.12.

You heard it here first.

6. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Dude, you totally hit the nail on the head... 5.7.1.12 is gonna ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF! Can't wait to use Back To My Yak feature, oh and we can't forget the Retina Pico Projector! It'll allow you to send a pristine high def 22 inch screen to any wall!

7. lowrenced macrumors newbie

lowrenced

i don't know what you're talking about.

i don't know what you're talking about.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Do you have a source for this info?

9. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Top industry analysts say so! :cool:

10. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I won't believe it until Gene Munster confirms it ;)

11. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Ok I believe it then!

12. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

That was great.

13. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

wheeeeeew!