Ios 5 alarm issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CrAkD, Jul 4, 2012.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

What's going on with the alarm on 5.1.1.? Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. This morning I woke up late for work I look at my phone and the alarm popup is on the screen with the snooze button but it's not making any noise at all? This isn't the first time it's done this either.....

2. ah123 macrumors regular

This isn't the first time you slept through the alarm, then :)

3. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Lol it's very possible but Why wouldn't the sound keep going till either snoozed or turned off?

4. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Yes strange indeed. I know when mine went off, it kept going for quite some time. So it seems unlikely you would have slept completely through it.

Stupid question but have you tried resetting as in restart your phone?

5. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I had an issue with my alarm too. I set two, one to get ready to wake up and another in 50 minutes when I really have to get out of bed. The second one did not go off three days in a row. I deleted that alarm, and created a new one at the same time.. have not had this problem again.

6. vistadude macrumors 65816

I heard that the alarms don't work correctly unless you set it for every day. I know this was a bug in OS 4 but I haven't heard whether they fixed in in OS 5 so I still go by this method. It seems to work but I also keep an old fashioned radio alarm clock which is set 5 minutes ahead of normal time :)

7. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Yes i did this too. I set the alarms for every day and whenever there was a substantial update to the OS, I would recreate the alarms (or if there was a dst/pst time change), just to be sure. I never had an issue with it not working by using this method. Was extremely reliable for the 2 years that I used the phone.