iOS 5 - anyone have 'location' in the Maps app to show geo-location.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nishi100, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

In iOS 4 I used to have a tab in the photos app, called locations, which showed the geo-location of the photos that I've taken. This, in iOS5, has gone. Yes, I know it's beta software; and, yes, I do have locaiton servecies enebled.

Is it just me, or have Apple 'forgot' about it?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I have highlighted the only concrete info anyone has.

3. Nishi100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to find out if it's in everyone's iPad running iOS 5 so I can report it; if it's just me, then I can find out why - does it need a reset / reinstall, and then report it to Apple. If I don't then in the final version of iOS 5 millions of people won't have this function, and they'll be more threads about this topic.

Beta software is for testing - testing for bugs; bugs are bad - they need fixing; we need to report bugs. OK; got it?

And, no it's not the only concrete info anyone has - anyone with an iPad running iOS5 has info - all they have to do it take a picture, and check in their photo app and see it there's a location tab in there.

4. rworne macrumors 6502

I have an iPad 2, location services are on, and I see no such tab in Camera or Photos. This is with iOS 4.3.3