iOS 5 car streaming bluetooth issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goaliegeek, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

So with iOS 5, there have been improvements with the bluetooth audio streaming so a cars stereo displays track info and stuff. Well, I streamed audio over BT in my 2011 WRX and I get this:

http://i52.tinypic.com/34fobvk.jpg

I was playing a song downloaded iTunes, so all track info is there. The time code was stuck a 0:00.
    Anyone else getting streaming bugs like this?

Also, anybody else get duplicate emails showing up in iOS 5? (Not backing up to iCloud)

2. bjdaly macrumors newbie

SAme here

I have had the same issue with my 2011 WRX too. But in addition the Player on the phone starts skipping from track to track and the unit on the car shows STOP or PAUSE.

The problem continues if I then plug in the USB.

I have tried a phone power down and back up and even deleted the phone from the car system and the car connection off the phone and re-paired them and the problem continued.

I saw on another forum that someone with a 2011 Forester and 2011 Outback both with the premium in dash system had no issues - so the problem could be with Subaru.

I might try making a call during the week to Subaru to see if I can get any joy - at least the problem will be logged. I am holding out for an Apple update ( they often have a .0.1 update that comes out soon after - though I have heard any rumours of one yet ) and hope that might fix it.

As for the email issue - nah I haven't had any issues.

3. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Does the track play without being connected to Bluetooth? I was having this exact same problem. Alot of my music wouldn't play. Try unchecking "sync music" in iTunes, then sync. Then check the box again and resync. This didn't work for me though. I had to restore and resync and everyone worked again.

4. bjdaly, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

bjdaly macrumors newbie

All music works fine otherwise

The music on my iPhone plays without a hitch in other situations - through iPhone builtin speakers, headphones, AirPlay to my AppleTV - only issue is when in the car.

Correction : all other music WAS working fine, when I first set up the phone but I just retried to play a track then and it's doing the skip from song to song thing without playing anything.

Hmmm.....

I'll have to do some more digging and then try your solution of the remove and resync. And will reply when I'm done. Thanks GraphicsGeek

5. French macrumors regular

I usually stream Slacker so didn't realize that some stereos could even display the information, but I wanted to add to this thread because I have noticed an improvement in my stereo's ability to stream audio. With my iPhone 4 I would have to disconnect and reconnect the audio pairing in order to get acceptable audio quality. If I didn't do that there was a lot of underlying noise/feedback. I do not seem to need to do that with the 4S and iOS 5. Very happy about that! I have an after market JVC unit.

6. zoeconner macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Have u tried Siri yet with it. It works great.

7. testerdennis macrumors member

French I have an aftermarket JVC Headunit too. Can you see track info song title etc... on your JVC. I can not.

8. bjdaly macrumors newbie

GraphicsGeek :D:D
    Thanks mate. For me the unsync music resysnc music fixed the problems. I kinda don't get the why of that though - but who cares, it works. Excellent.

----------

Don't have a 4S so can't :( maybe in 6 months when my contract is over - though I might wait until the next hardware change before deciding.

Just out of interest how do you get the phone into Siri mode in the car - do yo have to use the phone controls or can you use the steering wheel buttons to do it? And if the steering wheel which combination, cos maybe it will get voice control working on my 4 and I am able to make phone calls with that fairly consistently.

9. lickitysplit macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I noticed a different Bluetooth problem as well. My phone isn't pairing with my car automatically. I have to go into settings each time I get into my car (2011 wrx). My iPhone 4 would sync automatically when I turned the car on.

10. tourada macrumors regular

I was having this issue with the iOS 5 beta. What phone are you using? Is it iOS 5? GM/official?
    What I did was update my phone (restored it completely) and it was just fine. However, I can't see of it still has issues since I upgraded to the 4s.

11. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

My Mazda ms3 doesn't show any audio info via bt :/

12. bjdaly macrumors newbie

It was the official iOS5 release - removing the music and then resyncing the music solved the issue.

13. bdgdoom macrumors member

Same problem here. Trying to do a resync then going to try again tomorrow.
    I don't know if it works for you, but it does work after I manually go into the car's bluetooth settings and connect to the phone.