iOS 5 (CDMA) receiving some SMS messages very late or not at all?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stewart715, Jun 13, 2011.

1. stewart715 macrumors 6502

iOS 5 (CDMA) receiving some SMS messages very late or not at all?

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Roostafari macrumors newbie

Yes, I do and so does everyone I know that has a Verizon iPhone. Problem is that this issue pre dates the beta release. It's a network side issue that apparently verizon doesn't give a crap about fixing.

3. anthonybkny macrumors regular

anthonybkny

4. Roostafari macrumors newbie

Possible cause

I hAve suspiciOns about Verizon's networks about yo send SMS and mms messages when wifi is enabled and connected. From what I have read it seems that both SMS and mms messages are transmitted via network rather then via wifi. This being the case would indicate directly that SMS and mms messages require 3G network in order to both send and receive these messages. I suspect the delays, and sometimes it is days before I can receive a message that has been sent and days before my messages are sent, are due to the iPhone defaulting in short periods of time to network only. That is, the messages are sent/received when there is a short lapse in wifi connectivity.

I test this out, I'm gonna kill that wifi connection on my phone and ask my sister to do the same and spend the next 2 days sending each other texts and pix with the time the messages are created and sent and see what happens.

I'll report back but it would be good to have others try as well.

Cheers!