iOS 6.0.1 Battery 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bjb.butler, Nov 4, 2012.

1. bjb.butler, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012

bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

I'm less than pleased with my battery life on 6.0 coming from iOS 5.x

Have you guys noticed any changes in battery life since updating to 6.0.1? I want to update, but fear that my battery will get even worse.

Attached Files:

2. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

My 4S is a year old now. I don't know if it's cause of the updates, or the age but battery life definitely isn't the same anymore. It's not drastic though. I've just started charging the thing more often now. I used to not charge it more than once in a day (overnight or morning). Now, I don't mind plugging it in halfway through the day.

I've held the iPhone 5 a few times now and its amazing how light the the thing is. But, I wish Apple would've kept the same thickness of the 4/4S and just increased the size of the battery.

Think of it like this. Apple releases the next iPhone. Marketing the fact that it's thinner, or marketing that it has a larger and longer lasting battery. Which one would get more attention?

Phone's are thin enough. Batteries? Don't last long enough.

But back to your post, just charge the thing up when necessary and give up trying to make it last all day cause I don't really think it's gonna do much for you. That's the way I think of it at least.

3. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

That's damn good battery compared to what I get.

4. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Thanks for your input.

Have you noticed any difference with 6.0.1?

5. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Im back on 5.1.1 with my jailbreak, but before I had my 4S warranty swapped I updated to 6.0 and noticed way better battery life and a smoother/faster phone. But I've never had 6.0.1, so I can't comment on that.

My 4S gets about 26 standby hours and 9 hours of usage.

6. nathdogg macrumors regular