iPhone iOS 6.0.1, redsn0w jailbreak finishes, but no cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by blueeye, Jan 1, 2013.

1. blueeye macrumors member

blueeye

I've been trying to jailbreak my iPhone 4 (GSM) running 6.0.1 constantly, but am unable to do so for reasons that I cannot fathom.

Using the latest version of redsn0w, I go through all the steps, using the 6.0.0 IPSW for my iPhone 4 GSM, and so on. All the kernel boot stuff comes up on the screen, then the running pineapple appears and installs the basics, as usual. Redsn0w claims success, phone reboots, and bam: no Cydia, seemingly no jailbreak. Very frustrating. Yes, I did select "install Cydia".

I then (re)boot tethered, pineapple pops up again, everything seems to go according to plan but again, no cigar. My phone just won't jailbreak, and there aren't even any errors to grapple with! Most frustrating.

I have been jailbreaking my phone since I got it, and I've never had such a weird problem. Has anyone had the same/know how to help?

2. Chris7811 macrumors newbie

I did that same thing to my stepbrothers iPhone 4 and same problem its the fact that all the iOS 6 jb never worked at all.

3. blueeye thread starter macrumors member

blueeye

Jailbreaking iOS 6.0.0 worked for me, it's just that 6.0.1 doesn't, and apparently it should, which is what's so annoying.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

restore to stock and try again, it does work.

follow all the steps exactly and don't forget to boot tethered afterwards.

5. blueeye thread starter macrumors member

blueeye

but for some reason when I restore to stock, even if I log in with the same Game Centre account, I still lose all my save games. Not that I game very much, it's just such a hassle. I'm reluctant to restore, but I guess I can do if it's the only way.

6. blueeye thread starter macrumors member

blueeye

After restoring and jailbreaking twice more I finally got it to work! Phew, what an effort.

7. dinggus macrumors 65816

Did you ever try shutting it off, then turning it back on and boot tethered? That's what I did the first time and it worked.

8. blueeye thread starter macrumors member

blueeye

Many times. This time I have to reboot when I make changes like install Cydia apps but at least I have some of my tweaks (although I wish IntelliscreenX and CleverPin were compatible...)

9. Pacman4484 macrumors newbie

I tried about 3 times and no cydia but the phone I'm using is deactivated

10. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

That is the whole tether concept, you have to reboot with just boot to get it to work...

11. blueeye thread starter macrumors member

blueeye

That's not what I meant. Normally, a tethered JB has to be booted from redsn0w, but this is not necessary for making changes like installing a tweak/cydia app. This time around I have to reboot every time I install an app/tweak from cydia, which didn't used to be the case.

The jailbreak is now working, but it was more difficult than it usually is to apply.

12. qpiqp macrumors member

Is it true that this doesn't work at all for an iPhone 4s?

13. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

some tweaks require a reboot some a respring, respring works with a tether as well.

14. blueeye thread starter macrumors member

blueeye

Yes, it's an A5 chip.

I know this, but it's not the point. There's no point in going back and forth about it, however.

15. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

that i agree with, but sometimes it is handy to have a full solution and info in a thread for the next guy (or girl) who runs in to the same problem.

16. blueeye thread starter macrumors member

blueeye