iOS 6 and iPhone 4S

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Does iOS 6 slow down the iPhone 4S? I don't want to repeat the mistake I made when I upgraded by iPhone 3G to the new iOS and it completely destroyed my phone.. anyone care to weigh in?

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Does iOS 6 slow down the iPhone 4S? I don't want to repeat the mistake I made when I upgraded by iPhone 3G to the new iOS and it completely destroyed my phone.. anyone care to weigh in?
It did not slow in any way the two 4s units or iPad 3 in our home. Enjoy!

NinaJ

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
It has screwed up my wifi. I never had an issue with my wifi until after I upgraded. I googled to see if other people had problems, and it seems like it. Trying to decide what I need to do to fix it.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
It has screwed up my wifi. I never had an issue with my wifi until after I upgraded. I googled to see if other people had problems, and it seems like it. Trying to decide what I need to do to fix it.
Yup. Wifi would connect,with no Internet
Starbucks Internet stops working on mine too - the pop up wouldn't appear!

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
I recall seeing this the day of the launch as my iPhone had wifi issues for initially.

Settings>wifi>click blue arrow next to your wifi>scroll to bottom and change HTTP Proxy to OFF.

Reboot and see if that works. I did that and it worked fine and hasn't had wifi issues connecting anywhere.

NinaJ

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
I finally got mine to work. I reset the network setting on my 4S then I went and reset my modem/router. Went back to 4S and picked network and input password and it's working now. Hopefully, it'll stay this way! :)

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
For the most part mine is the same speed. However messages and Facebook have some lag opening sometimes.

It's slow enough for me to take a screen shot of it.

Messaging

Facebook