iOS 6 battery life - Anyone have anything positive to report?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by dbrewer80221, Oct 4, 2012.

1. dbrewer80221 macrumors regular

I see tons of people saying that their battery life has suffered since upgrading to iOS 6, but I've actually seen a very drastic improvement.

My office is located in a basement, where I have one bar of Sprint 1xrtt service (most likely roaming). This is the absolute lowest signal you can get before you have no service. I have wifi in the office, so at least non-cellular traffic like iMessages come through. Sometimes I even get a text if I'm lucky!

My iPhone 4S spends all day searching for that elusive 3g signal, draining my battery steadily. If I don't touch my phone all day, it's usually around 55-60% battery life remaining.

If I use my phone at all during the day, I'm lucky to end up with 30% remaining.

Well I upgraded to iOS 6 a few days ago, and noticed that after moderate usage in my office, my battery was at 76% I tried to remember if at any point I had plugged my phone in to charge, but no, I hadn't.

After a couple more days of usage, I can report that I'm seeing a very drastic improvement in battery life. I've been in the office 2 1/2 hours now (graveyards suck), and my battery is sitting at 97%. That's even after playing some music!

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Turning of location based system services sorted my issues out

3. ParryD macrumors member

Thanks for your update!

My 4S Factory Unlocked came with 5.0.1; ever since I updated it to 5.1.1 have been experiencing low battery backup. This is one kind of a review was waiting to read before upgrading my device.

4. Appleseeds macrumors regular

Having no issues here. Gets me through the day with battery to spare .
    Location services on. Battery life on the 4S seems better on iOS 6 then 5.1.1

5. sim667 macrumors 65816

Mine seems to have vastly improved since resetting all my settings.

6. Lusitania macrumors newbie

Same feedback. Much better with 6.0

7. ReValveiT macrumors regular

About the same here. iPhone 4.

Currently at : 1 day 13 hours standby and 6 3/4 hours usage (mostly web browsing in Chrome). 12% remaining.

Pretty much the same as I've always had.

8. cynics macrumors G4

Mine is close to what it use to be after doing a restore.

9. BSoares macrumors regular

My battery life is better with iOS6 on the iPhone 4S. I end the day with about 10 to 15% more than I had before.